Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sun Poisoning, PMLE

Anyone has it?
    What did you use to treat the itch? I've been using 2.5% hydrocortisone, solarcaine ... and one of them seem to work.
    Went to SeaWorld in San Diego last weekend. Now, I am itch all over the legs and arms. It stared about 8 years ago and I keep getting it every year when summer come. It's SUCK.
    2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
    89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
    Y2K Accord Dell GX150
    RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
    EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Matrix... come on, you really want medical advice from this group of hoodlums? Just kidding, there may be a doctor in the house for all I know. That sucks that you get afflicated every summer, considering you live in SoCal. Check webmd.com maybe, or a detmetologist or pharmacist even. I think sun poisioning is a short term condition though, maybe you have some type of sun/skin allergy?

Either way, I feel for you. Any type of skin itch or sun burn is crappy...
    ~Puff

View my worklog... I dare you... http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=77267

Carputer Progress [||------------------] 10%

Comment

Doctors? I ask them already and what they give me is hydrocortisone and cool water with washcloth. I googling the web and the treatment is the same: hydrocortisone and cool water with washcloth.
      Even my sister (a pharmist) said the same althought she told me to get some lotion with aloe to smooth the paint but that doesn't help either.
      Someone on this board may have the same skin problem as me ....
      Y2K Accord Dell GX150

Comment

If you use vinegar on a sun burn it helps take some of the sting away. Used that trick quite a few times while growing up.
        Spent so far: $1,755
        Check Out My Work Log for Specs/Pics
        CarPC Progress[!!!!!!!!!!!!!!].....Installation[---------+].....Pastrami Progress[!!!!!!!!!!!!!!]
        Don't mess with Texas.
        It's not nice to pick on retards!

Comment

I thought vinager was for jellyfish stings? Or is that pee? Hum, I'd try vinager first, then **** on yourself... LMAO

Sorry for making fun of your afflication, it must suck to have. If I am out of line, let me know...
          ~Puff

View my worklog... I dare you... http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=77267

Carputer Progress [||------------------] 10%

Comment

I just called my mother. She has had the problem for 30+ years. The only thing she has ever had to work is hydrocortisone. But she also said that it takes a long time and many repeat applications to work. She has never been able to get a doctor to give her anything different.

Have you tried any of the burn creams or sprays that contain a higher percentage of lidocaine than solarcaine?
            www.bradleyjacobs.com

There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. -- Frank Zappa

Comment

I am your god. You will obey me because I know the near-suicide inducing itch of severe sunburn. There is a product called bag balm at walgreens that will allieviate the itching. It smells a little, it's similar to icy-hot in consistency. It's widely used on irritated cow udders (hence the name). Nothing else will do- it's in a little square green metal container- google it up. it's seriously the only reason I am alive today. Was recommended by someone better that a DR.- an Indiana farmer. Once you have it you will see by reading the box- it's awesome stuff. By the way- you owe me 50 bucks for this visit
              current system: car2pc adapter playing aux in for a sansa fuze media player. simple. cheap. effective.

Comment

speakin of which. i need to go to sea world next week.
                Core duo
                1tb harddrive
                256 ddr
                8 lilliput
                bu-353

still installing...

Comment

Originally posted by e39dream
                  I am your god. You will obey me because I know the near-suicide inducing itch of severe sunburn. There is a product called bag balm at walgreens that will allieviate the itching. It smells a little, it's similar to icy-hot in consistency. It's widely used on irritated cow udders (hence the name). Nothing else will do- it's in a little square green metal container- google it up. it's seriously the only reason I am alive today. Was recommended by someone better that a DR.- an Indiana farmer. Once you have it you will see by reading the box- it's awesome stuff. By the way- you owe me 50 bucks for this visit
                  I was gonna suggest the same as well, though I've found it called "udder cream" or something like that.
                  Tidder

Try RevFE
                  The best resurrected frontend I've ever used, period.

I Wish I could ban people

Comment

For the pass couple day, I was smell like an automechanic. That Bag Balm is sure smell like bearing grease.
                    Other than the smell, it's kinda messy like Vaseline (Jelly base one).
                    I am not sure Bag Balm really help or because the problem getting better over time. When I had BB on, it still itch but not as intense as before.
                    Thanks for the suggestion e39dream, it add one more product to my "collections"
                    As of now, it's 95% over. Man, it's greate to get back to normal.
                    Y2K Accord Dell GX150

Comment

no problem matrixpc- I had a real bad burn on my back as a kid and that stuff really helps. It's like super moisturizer or something. Anyway glad to hear everything is back up to par.
                      current system: car2pc adapter playing aux in for a sansa fuze media player. simple. cheap. effective.

Comment

Dam I got it again.
                        Well this time I am not event out in the sun for more than 10 minutes.
                        Over the weekend, I was expecting to go out in the beach for a while. I try to protect myself with some sunblock and bought a tube BananaBoat SPF50.
                        Well after putting it on at home and driving around for a while, I start to feel uncomfortable on the arms (where I put the sunscreen on). Imediately I can tell that something isn't good going to happen. I ran to the restroom and wash it off with soap. 1/2 hr later I can see red dot start to show.
                        The good thing is it only on my wrists and 1/2 way below the elbow. The bad thing is it is 50 worst than sunburn. I got alergic to sunscreen.
                        My arm/wrist got swollen up like a freaking balloon, got dizzy, headache and the blister are as big as 1 sq inch. Almost have to go to the ER.
                        I stop by the doctor to get check out. He gave me a hydrocortisone bills and cream that I have to take in 6 days start with very heavy dose and decrease the dosage everyday.

Man this is suck. I think I have to move out of the sunny socal to somewhere.
                        Y2K Accord Dell GX150

Comment

matrix. buy an aloe plant. pure aloe works like a charm on sunburn and pretty good on random rashes

Comment

Working...
                          X