This weekend sucked

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This weekend sucked

So my husband was out of town in Florida for the InfoComm conference. He left out Tuesday and came back on Friday.

I'm piddling around the house waiting for him to come home from the air port Friday night. At around 9 I go to let our dog in (Schatze - mini-schnauzer). He won't come in, but that's not abnormal. I pick him up and carry him inside. As I'm walking in the door he starts to squirm and scratches me. I just kinda step forward and let him go. He falls wrong, on his head/neck, gets up and is walking like he's really out of it.

He's done this before. We had him up on a table shaving him and he just jumped off and landed on his head (was the dumbest dog I've ever met, no kidding). A few hours of wobbling around and he was perfetly fine. Took him to the vet and all was good. That was like a year and a half ago.

There was another time that he ate a pinecone and was all acting strange. A few hours later he puked it up and all was good. Had him checked out then too.

So Friday night, my husband gets home, and we pay attention to Schatze. He's moving around a bit more and responding when we call him, coming jogging over to us etc.

So we decide to put his bed by our bed that night.

I woke up around 3 am to him gasping for air. I immediately started to give him CPR...breathing into his nose/mouth. He's getting worse, so we jump in the truck, I'm driving, literally going 90 mph down residential streets (I know I know, not smart, but when a member of your family is dying....). We pull up to the emergency hospital and he quits breathing and poop comes out of his butt.

He's gone...they couldn't do a damn thing to save him. No idea what caused it, but his abdomen was full of blood. Apparently the reason he didn't want to come inside is because he wasn't feeling good. Then when I picked him up it obviously was uncomfortable so he started squirming. I'm sure him falling wrong didn't help.

The vet sampled his blood and found that it wasn't clotting like it should for some reason.

We went and canvaced the backyard when we got home. I found a chewed up packet of Tylonel (sp?). We also found where he had dug a hole by the tree in the backyard, which is rather unusual for him. When he had eaten the pinecone he started digging afterwards for some reason too...

So, we go to the SPCA come Sunday and adopt an 8month old blue heeler. Sweetest, most well behaved, gentelest dog I've come across. Bring her home, let her get aquainted with the house and the back yard. Put her out in the back yard for a while so the cats and her can get aquainted through the glass door.

We go upstairs, and an hour later come down and she's gone.

Our gate has a gap at the bottom between it and the groudn that's about 5" tall. Schatze had NEVER dug or tried to squeeze out at all here or anywhere. So we didn't even think about it.

So the new dog is lost.

We drive around for about 4 hours looking for her. What's so upsetting to me is that about 5 of our neighbors saw her walking but none of them did a damn thing about it. They just left her...they were too stuck in their own little worlds to think about anything but themselves...god I hate people sometimes.

So we put up about 30 signs in the area and went to bed.

This morning we got a call. Somoene found her!

She was crossing the street right by our house when they found her last night. This morning they drove around the area looking for signs, found our signs and gave us a call...

At least there's one happy ending.

Tonight we're going to pick her up and will spend the evening in the back yard fixing every little nook and cranny we find...at first we thought that she had climbed the fence, but then we found fur on the gate at the bottom where she climbed out. The fence is a good 8 feet tall.
    Jan Bennett
    FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

The blood not clotting and the tylenol make sense. Acetametaphines causing thinning of the blood. I'm sorry to hear about your dog passing, but am glad to read the new dog is home again...

P.S. I could be wrong about the blood thinning thing. I'm no doctor, but I play one on mp3car.com...
    ~Puff

View my worklog... I dare you... http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=77267

Carputer Progress [||------------------] 10%

Comment

did you stay in a holiday in express last night?
      Jan Bennett

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Originally posted by Red GTi VR6
        did you stay in a holiday in express last night?

Sorry to hear about the dog, May peace come to your minds about her...

Glad that someone found your new dog, and brought her home. Take good care of him...

BTW when i first read the title i thought you guys didn't win a contest or something...

Comment

no no no

we do have lives outside of car audio...lol

Jan Bennett

Comment

don't get the joke but sorry to here about your dog red.

Comment

Red, i'm so sorry. That's a horrific expereince to go through. You didn't know you're dog's pains and it wasn't your fault. You did everything you could.

Puff is right..and i'm wearing hospital scrubs right now (don't ask), so they give me doctor powers

I had an awesome weekend if it makes you feel any better. Also, Scouse apparently doesn't get laid, so i mean, you gotta be happy about that (jk man!)
              Carputer Progress: Here we go again...

THE GF THEME
              Genesis has speed
              Genesis has class
              Genesis sent money
              before your a__;)

Join the fight against carputters. EMAIL ME!

Comment

hehe - thanks guys

we went and picked up the puppy last night and named her...Desmo...to go along with our motor themes for names for all of our other animals

Cuda
                Charger
                Daytona

all cats

and now Desmo for the Ducati's that we own for the puppy...she's so sweet...I can't wait to get home and play with her!

as for scouse, he's stooping to all time new lows, harping, following me around, and just plain acting childish...lol

I forgot he existed...
                Jan Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by Scouse Monkey
                  don't get the joke but sorry to here about your dog red.
                  as for scouse, he's stooping to all time new lows, harping, following me around, and just plain acting childish...lol

I forgot he existed...
                  Wow. So do you want to turn your dead dog thread into the next big "heated debate" thread?
                  Spent so far: $1,755
                  Check Out My Work Log for Specs/Pics
                  CarPC Progress[!!!!!!!!!!!!!!].....Installation[---------+].....Pastrami Progress[!!!!!!!!!!!!!!]
                  Don't mess with Texas.
                  It's not nice to pick on retards!

Comment

good god....

talk about a bunch of anal retentive people

so sorry - but apparently you haven't been folloing what's been going on very closely...because he SECOND user name got banned too.

he made that post BEFORE all of this other happened
                    Jan Bennett

Comment

What ****ed got banned??

Why? - When? - Wtf?

Comment

good god....

talk about a bunch of anal retentive people

so sorry - but apparently you haven't been folloing what's been going on very closely...because he SECOND user name got banned too.

he made that post BEFORE all of this other happened
                        Alright, so it was made 2 minutes before he called you on the newb bashing. So, he shows concern for your situation, asks you to be nicer to newbs, and then when a debate breaks out all of a sudden he is sexist just because he is arguing with a chick? He is wrong because he was trying to end the bandwagon of bashing?
                        CarPC Progress[!!!!!!!!!!!!!!].....Installation[---------+].....Pastrami Progress[!!!!!!!!!!!!!!]
                        Don't mess with Texas.

Comment

We drive around for about 4 hours looking for her. What's so upsetting to me is that about 5 of our neighbors saw her walking but none of them did a damn thing about it. They just left her...they were too stuck in their own little worlds to think about anything but themselves...god I hate people sometimes.

Did these neighbours have previous knowledge of this dog being yours and know it shouldn't be out alone?

I'm sorry but unless they did , I think you are way out of order getting ****ed at them, and suggest it is you who thinks the world revolves around you.

Comment

Originally posted by Enforcer
                            Did these neighbours have previous knowledge of this dog being yours and know it shouldn't be out alone?

I'm sorry but unless they did , I think you are way out of order getting ****ed at them, and suggest it is you who thinks the world revolves around you.
                            I wanted to write that earlier but didn't want to point that out when it was right after her other dog died.
                            Don't mess with Texas.

Comment

Guys...seriously, please stop. There's this thing called compassion. Please excersice it for atleast 24 hours. It was my fault for mentioning Scouse, as i really don't understnad what's going on and i was joking about him not getting any (the first draft was a compare contrast of him and my idiot brother ). Scouse and i joked around a bit, like in fight thread. And on whatever happened, i think he was he was being apologetic in his post. but leave Red alone, cause i never got close to a pet before, but if my Dog died, i know how devestated my family would be devestated, so i can imagine what Red feels.
                              Carputer Progress: Here we go again...

THE GF THEME
                              Genesis has speed
                              Genesis has class
                              Genesis sent money
                              before your a__;)

Join the fight against carputters. EMAIL ME!

Comment

Working...
                              X