Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Christians only

My wife just told me about her Mormon work associate:
    He says his church is gathering food and necessities in preparation of the Tribulation period. Do all mormons believe this?

I guess this goes to the question: are you pre-tribulation or a post-tribulation believer?
    Pre-trib believer
    66.67%
    Post-trib believer
    33.33%
    AtmosUSA.biz, E-Cig Mods
    "A great smoking alternative"

Again.... hatin on the Jews.....

JP

Peace,

Rafster
    Post # 3000

Comment

Originally posted by muldrick
      He says his church is gathering food and necessities in preparation of the Tribulation period. Do all mormons believe this?

I guess this goes to the question: are you pre-tribulation or a post-tribulation believer?
      Stop taking drugs!!

EDIT: What is tribulation?
      Project BioHazardous Material || BioHazard . LU
      ████████████████░░░░ CAR
      ████████████░░░░░░░░ LAPTOP
      █████████████░░░░░░░ FRONT-END SKIN
      ██████████████░░░░░░ PERIPHERALS
      ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ INTEGRATION

Comment

i am catholic
        CarPC status: iPod, 3,456,217 songs so **** you

Comment

nice, can you explain what tribulation is? I don't have a clue 'cause English is not very my language. . .
          Project BioHazardous Material || BioHazard . LU
          ████████████████░░░░ CAR
          ████████████░░░░░░░░ LAPTOP
          █████████████░░░░░░░ FRONT-END SKIN
          ██████████████░░░░░░ PERIPHERALS
          ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ INTEGRATION

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tribulation
            Jan Bennett
            FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

What about trial and tribulation? I'm a jew, we already had our tribulations (Pharoh, Inquisition, Hitler, KKK, etc.)... smooth sailing from here on out... LOL

Wow, I was right on... here is part of the Wiki definition...

In the futurism view of Christian eschatology, the Tribulation is a relatively short period of time where believers will experience worldwide persecution and be purified and strengthened by it. This view was introduced to the modern church by John Nelson Darby, the father of dispensationalism, became widely accepted through the notes in the Scofield Reference Bible of 1909, and was recently popularized through the novel Left Behind series.

In the Christian preterist view the Tribulation took place in the past when Roman legions destroyed Jerusalem and its temple in 70 CE, and it affected the Jewish people rather than all mankind. This is a view that is growing in influence among certain scholars and theologians.

In the Christian historicist view also, the Tribulation came upon the Jewish people, beginning in 70 CE. An historicist approach was taken by Martin Luther and John Calvin, and prevailed among Protestants from the Reformation until the rise of dispensationalism. Some modern historicists see the Tribulation as continuing upon the Jews through the centuries, perhaps culminating in the Holocaust, and ending with the restoration of the state of Israel or the return of Jerusalem to Jewish control.
              ~Puff

View my worklog... I dare you... http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=77267

Carputer Progress [||------------------] 10%

Comment

tribu-what? I'm a roman hindu jew.

Comment

Well...here's the problem...NONE of you guys can read...can you?????

Doesn't it say "For Christians only".

7 replies, and not 1 Christian.

Oh BTW, not hating on anyone, and I take no drugs.............anymore

EDIT: The Christian trib seems allready to be starting....people hating the Christians.
                  AtmosUSA.biz, E-Cig Mods

Comment

it's just something that people question, and when no one has legitimate answers, more people start to question it

and btw - it's not just christianity that goes through this, it's just about every religion on the face of the planet
                    Jan Bennett
                    FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Very true. other religions more so...so far.

Your explanation (Wikipedia) was fine...isn't it? I mean sure, people can answer with their own opinions, so it's better just to leave the Wiki answer.
                      AtmosUSA.biz, E-Cig Mods

Comment

Originally posted by muldrick
                        She must have misunderstood. Mormons have a food storage and 72 hour kit in case of any trials or tribulations; Not a certain 'tribulation period'. Your trials and tribulations can be anything from losing your job to you losing all your money to some unforseen event. It is just a matter of preperation for a rainy day.
                        AMD XP 2600+/512MB RAM/120GB hard drive
                        Opus 150W/DVD/GPS/7" Lilliput TS/802.11g/Bluetooth
                        Installed.

-GPSSecure- - GPS Tracking
                        -AltTabber2.2.2- - Handy touchscreen utility.

Comment

I was raised mormon. Yeah, we're supposed to have food storage, enough to last your family a year, and a 72 hour emergency kit of water, clothes, and other must have necessities. They also teach you to keep a savings account that has enough money in it to pay bills for 3 months if something were to happen. Exactly as xBrady put it, prep for a rainy day, week, or year.

Sounds like her mormon work associate got some things crossed between religions...

I haven't started my food supply yet, but I do have enough water to last me maybe a week and a half... it takes time to get this stuff ready. It's a good idea really no matter what religion you are though.
                          Tidder

Try RevFE
                          The best resurrected frontend I've ever used, period.

I Wish I could ban people

Comment

Here in Cali we have earthquake "tribulation" kits. LOL

Tiddler - mormons are supposed to have food for a family for a year, but water for 72 hours? Last I checked, you could have all the food in the world, but with no water, dead in 72 hours...

@Muldrik - You ask in the original post if all Mormons believe in this, but then limit the thread to christians only? wouldn't that just give you christians assuming what mormons believe. why not title the thread "mormons - do you believe this?!?"

P.S. I did not vote, so don't worry about this jew messing up your christian only polling...
                            ~Puff

View my worklog... I dare you... http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=77267

Carputer Progress [||------------------] 10%

Comment

Well, lets see here... fresh water is pretty easy to come by. If disaster were to hit, I'd bet fresh water would be available a few days after. But food is a different story. And can you imagine trying to store a years worth of fresh water... **** man, think about it...

And it's Tidder. Say it with me T-I-D-D-E-R... I don't see an "L" in there, why do others?
                              Tidder

Try RevFE
                              The best resurrected frontend I've ever used, period.

I Wish I could ban people

Comment

Working...
                              X