Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Positive and Negitive from single winding.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Positive and Negitive from single winding.....

HOW CAN I GET POSITIVE AND NEGITIVE VOLTAGES FROM 1 WINDING????? I have a 24volt transformer rated at 10amps!!! and would love to make a high power amp using this, but am un-aware of a way of getting both the negitive and positive rails required by the amplifiers... BTW I am using 4 LM3886 amp ICs to get either 50watts into 4 channels, 100watts into 2 channels or 200watts into 1 channel, to power my non-existent Sub..
    2 week temp ban (spam and complaining about deleted posts)
    register another account and you're gone for good.

Assuming that your transformer secondary is single tap (if it's dual tap, just use a full wave bridge with centre tap as 0v).

Use two half wave rectfiers, but with the polarities are different on each diode. That gets you two half wave rectified voltages of different polarities.

Rob
    Old Systems retired due to new car
    New system at design/prototype stage on BeagleBoard.

Comment

Ahh, I circuit??? Umm, more info.. :P ha ha.. ya totally lost me when you started using plane english.. Also, will this give me the full voltage output, or only half for positive and negitive???
      2 week temp ban (spam and complaining about deleted posts)
      register another account and you're gone for good.

Comment

I thought you knew about electronics (you're always saying you do). Here is a half wave rectifiier:

http://www.bluetracker.co.uk/diode2.htm

Flip the diode and the rectified voltage is opposite polarity. So put two of them together and you can get two half wave rectified voltages (each diode conducts on alternate half-phases of the ac).

Rob
        Old Systems retired due to new car
        New system at design/prototype stage on BeagleBoard.

Comment

Get a book on basic electronics. Read it. Or just do a damn web search. There are also some great electronics newsgroups. Check out the sci.electronics.* groups.
          Player: Pentium 166MMX, Amptron 598LMR MB w/onboard Sound, Video, LAN, 10.2 Gig Fujitsu Laptop HD, Arise 865 DC-DC Converter, Lexan Case, Custom Software w/Voice Interface, MS Access Based Playlists
          Car: 1986 Mazda RX-7 Turbo (highly modded), 1978 RX-7 Beater (Dead, parting out), 2001 Honda Insight
          "If one more body-kitted, cut-spring-lowered, farty-exhausted Civic revs on me at an intersection, I swear I'm going to get out of my car and cram their ridiculous double-decker aluminium wing firmly up their rump."

Comment

Working...
          X