window

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• window

passenger window on my 95 accord coupe stopped workin. i know, im a newbie, but idk how to fix it. idk if its the fuse or the motor, and idk how to reset the fuse
    thanks

can't "reset" the fuse. it's probly your regulator(motor). If you dont know how to fix it i'd reccommend having a mechanicly inclined buddy, or a mechanic fix it. If you were around me i'd help you out, but i'm not. Wish you luck

Comment

You don't reset fuses, you replace them. If you don't know how to do that, Giant_kyle's advice is good: have someone else do it for you so you don't fry something. Or read up on it and learn what to do and what not to do (starter: don't put a bigger fuse back in its place).

That said, if it's only 1 window that stopped, it's probably the motor or wiring as opposed to the fuse. Or maybe the switch (doubtful). My family had a car where one window stopped working and all of a sudden one day it worked again, then the day after it stopped.... which means wiring; we sold it a month later so we didn't bother fixing it.
      Old plans out the window because of an accident .
      Have: M1-ATX, EPIA M10000, 256MB, 60GB 2.5", slim slot load DVD
      Need: Time, HU integration, ideas for Lilli

Comment

yea all mine have stoped working - I checked the switches and some of them
        are dead, I checked the wires, there all good, fuse all good, so its the motor
        and switches, on my drivers side its the switches and there a "all in
        one" thing thats $80 used on ebay

but my car is over 10 years old

Comment

Did they all die at once or gradually? Can you take the switch assembly apart and try to fix it? (it might just be dirty inside). Can you take it apart and fabricate something else with RatShack parts?

Comment

Originally posted by RPI Geek
            Did they all die at once or gradually? Can you take the switch assembly apart and try to fix it? (it might just be dirty inside). Can you take it apart and fabricate something else with RatShack parts?
            for me it was one at a time - and the driver side switch is broken inside,

I could use regular switches - but it would look like a james bond
            car or some thing - I should do that and label them "oil slick"
            "heat seeking missiles" "50 cal gun" and "prostitute eject"

Comment

That's kind of what I was thinking you should do... redo the entire inside like that and label them ALL wrong so that no one but you can drive the damn thing

Also move them around.

And put ones in that do nothing.

Comment

Working...
              X