Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need a place to work on my car! :-( Suggestions??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need a place to work on my car! :-( Suggestions??

Since I'm no longer in the military, I don't have access to the Auto Craft Shop and I live in an apartment, so no working on the car in the parking areas... any suggestions (and no, buying a house in this area is not an option lol)? I live in the South Arlington, North Alexandria, Virginia area. Having served 8 years and always having the auto craft shop I kinda never thought about this before. lol I have front wheel bearing/hub assemblies, shocks/struts/springs and exhaust to install...

You can maybe try a high school auto shop... either that or make friends with a mechanic or post an ad for "shop needed for a day" on craigslist...

;]

- sh00k
    Duct tape and a Bandana for the win, b!shes!!!

My Setup:http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=73500

Cost so far: Less than a grand ;]

Comment

do garage storage lock-ups let u work in them? lol.
      - My ride - MySpace -

Comment

Originally posted by breaker021 View Post
        You can maybe try a high school auto shop... either that or make friends with a mechanic or post an ad for "shop needed for a day" on craigslist...

;]

- sh00k
        good ideas thanks guess I'll go check out those options.

(though... wondering if a metro DC school would have auto shop... political debate team for sure, international relations sure... auto shop... LOL)

Comment

dunno about your area

but around here, there are actually shops that let you rent out a bay, tools and whatnot included in the rent

something like $200 a day or something like that, and u get lift, welding stuff, whatever

Comment

storage
            I GIVE FREE HUGS!
            Buy Sell or Trade
            If my pm box is full, please feel free to call me any time. 440-328-3382
            Thank you
            Forex
            Rate Mp3car @ FXroot.com

Comment

rent out a garage from someone that owns a house.
              Installed
              Asus A7N8X-VM - AMD Mobile Athlon 2400
              512 Ram - 60GB HD - Opus 150w
              Lilliput 7" - Rikaline 6010
              [00000000000001100010-] 98% Completed

Check Out My Install!!!

Comment

i might have the same issue soon too ut i still think storage bays (that is, IF ur allowed to work in them) would be the best idea, or get a friend that has a house lol.
                - My ride - MySpace -

Comment

i knew a guy that worked out of a mini-storage haha. climate controlled baby!

Comment

Place to work on your car

I have heard lots of people not having places to work on their cars and other projects.

This idea would be great for stuff like this and people in apartments. I ran into the idea on twitter. Here's the post:

Community Garage for ppl w/o space&tools for projects http://bit.ly/9lkkHP

-Michael J Thacker

Comment

Originally posted by michaeljthacker View Post
                      I have heard lots of people not having places to work on their cars and other projects.

This idea would be great for stuff like this and people in apartments. I ran into the idea on twitter. Here's the post:

-Michael J Thacker
                      Sorta like a "tech shop" but for automotive. I would probably spend my life there
                      2001 Mustang Convertible Worklog
                      Indigo Custom Frontend (Flash/Delphi)
                      Blog

Qube v1.3 Now Available at the mp3Car Store!!!!!!
                      The simplest IO controller you'll ever use!

Comment

Originally posted by michaeljthacker View Post

-Michael J Thacker
                        Now that is a genuinely good idea.
                        Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
                        1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
                        30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
                        15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
                        Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

walmart parking lot

I used to do stuff right in the parking lot but that was when people were reasonable and neighborhood associations were about meeting people

Comment

Working...
                          X