Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I try to move to London?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Should I try to move to London?

    Yes, that'd be London, England.

    I've been entertaining the idea the last few days about putting in a transfer to our London office. I'd be doing the same job I do now, just supporting Europe instead of the Americas. I would only want to go for a year or so. I've got a meeting this week with my manager's manager to talk about goals, and I figured that might be a good time to bring it up. There is another guy in our office that did it a few years ago, so I might have a shot at it.

    I was just thinking about how I've lived in the southern US my whole life and want to experience something, er, different, for a while.

    "American Redneck in London" would be interesting for all parties involved, I would think.
    Debt as of 1/1/05: $34,354.48
    Debt as of July 4, 2007: $0.00 explanation
    I'M DEBT FREE!!
    I'm now a reasonably successful gunblogger.

  • #2
    Originally posted by wizardPC View Post
    "American Redneck in London" would be interesting for all parties involved, I would think.
    I would like to see that movie.

    I think it would be a fun idea, I wouldn't mind doing that if I had the chace.

    What happens if you like it there?
    Installed
    Asus A7N8X-VM - AMD Mobile Athlon 2400
    512 Ram - 60GB HD - Opus 150w
    Lilliput 7" - Rikaline 6010
    [00000000000001100010-] 98% Completed

    Check Out My Install!!!

    Comment


    • #3
      I think you will love it there. I thought it was an awesome place. Good atmosphere to be around. I only spent 2 days there though. But the Western European attitude is very pleasant to be around, (as long as you say your canadian )

      But really it all just comes down to, do you really want to start all over again? Little to no local friends, having to adapt to new ways, having to relearn some of what you know about where you are now. And probably being pretty poor because an overseas move is expensive!
      Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
      1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
      30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
      15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
      Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

      Comment


      • #4
        Cool, but just avoid coppers... unlike americas they dont bother to read your rights before popping slugs in your gray matter...

        On serious note though... temporal scenary change is cool... i try to do it from time to time, when i have no attachments.

        I have to disagree with badger here... culture shock is always great, sure u r very lost, but learning other ways is very rewarding, makes u smarter too.

        Comment


        • #5
          I say go for it.
          ODYSSEY

          Originally posted by Tidder
          Hey, as long as it's not any particular race I'm offending, I can stand to be a pedophile.
          All information expressed in this post is my opinion, and should not be regarded as a statement of fact.
          Digital-Car UK|

          (\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(")

          Comment


          • #7
            I'd say go for it; I think a bit of culture shock is a good thing!

            I've just moved away from London after living there for the last 14 years, and although we didn't go to the centre of the city as much as we'd have liked, London has lots to offer so many different facets of life. Even if you just come over here to see what real beer tastes like

            Just beware that the image people here in the UK have of the States (and George W in particular) is not necessarily a good one at the moment...especially in light of current events in the Middle East.

            But it's always good to get a different perspective on life, and London is a good place to experience Europe from (and the rest of the continent is only a short journey by train) - and we all speak English too, so there's none of the hassle of having to learn a foreign language.

            Comment


            • #8
              No way there are terrorists there.
              '02 GTI
              [Routis '04] [Opus 90W] [160GB Maxtor HD]
              [Lilliput 7" TS] [VIA M10000] [XMPCR]
              [512MB RAM] [Custom housing]
              [Deluo GPS Mouse] [E-MU 0404 Soundcard]
              Progress Meter: [==============|] 99.9%

              Comment


              • #10
                go what do you have to lose.
                I GIVE FREE HUGS!
                Buy Sell or Trade
                If my pm box is full, please feel free to call me any time. 440-328-3382
                Thank you
                Forex
                Rate Mp3car @ FXroot.com

                Comment


                • #11
                  Originally posted by Flibblebot View Post
                  I'd say go for it; I think a bit of culture shock is a good thing!

                  I've just moved away from London after living there for the last 14 years, and although we didn't go to the centre of the city as much as we'd have liked, London has lots to offer so many different facets of life. Even if you just come over here to see what real beer tastes like

                  Just beware that the image people here in the UK have of the States (and George W in particular) is not necessarily a good one at the moment...especially in light of current events in the Middle East.

                  But it's always good to get a different perspective on life, and London is a good place to experience Europe from (and the rest of the continent is only a short journey by train) - and we all speak English too, so there's none of the hassle of having to learn a foreign language.
                  I claim no responsibility for GWB, as I did not vote for him.
                  ODYSSEY

                  Originally posted by Tidder
                  Hey, as long as it's not any particular race I'm offending, I can stand to be a pedophile.
                  All information expressed in this post is my opinion, and should not be regarded as a statement of fact.
                  Digital-Car UK|

                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)
                  (")_(")

                  Comment


                  • #12
                    Originally posted by ODYSSEY View Post
                    I claim no responsibility for GWB, as I did not vote for him.
                    Strange how many people say that

                    Comment


                    • #13
                      do it, i've moved to Canada for a year, yes u gotta adapt and all that **** but it aint that much different except the drinking attitutde :P
                      CarPC status: iPod, 3,456,217 songs so **** you

                      Comment


                      • #15
                        I say try it...

                        Just be carefull because there are a lot of speed cameras and a lot worse traffic (I think because of the bus lanes?) I just got all that info from Top Gear...

                        So someone who actually lives there might want to say if that's still true...

                        Peace,

                        Rafster
                        Post # 3000

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X