800-1000watt amplifier schematic?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 800-1000watt amplifier schematic?

Am looking for one... Yeah, thats all... any help would be great.. also, prefer one that used mosfets...
    2 week temp ban (spam and complaining about deleted posts)
    register another account and you're gone for good.

What?? no-one can help???? is there anyway of "AMPING UP" a already existent schematic for an amp??? also, is there anyway of running an amp from +-300 or so volt DC??? lol... well, worth asking..

Comment

www.altavista.com

Class D amps are a good thing to look for when looking at this kind of power/ More complex, but far lower power dissipation.

Rob
      Old Systems retired due to new car
      New system at design/prototype stage on BeagleBoard.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Withey
        www.altavista.com

Class D amps are a good thing to look for when looking at this kind of power/ More complex, but far lower power dissipation.

Rob
        Yeah, but they are only suited to the lower frequencies, e.g. Sobwoofers.. thanx anyway.. I might look into it anyway.. use a high power class D for the woofers, and a smaller amp for teh mid/tweeters

hmm..

Comment

Seems to me that it would cost a lot more to build than to buy, considering how common high power car amps are...
          Player: Pentium 166MMX, Amptron 598LMR MB w/onboard Sound, Video, LAN, 10.2 Gig Fujitsu Laptop HD, Arise 865 DC-DC Converter, Lexan Case, Custom Software w/Voice Interface, MS Access Based Playlists
          Car: 1986 Mazda RX-7 Turbo (highly modded), 1978 RX-7 Beater (Dead, parting out), 2001 Honda Insight
          "If one more body-kitted, cut-spring-lowered, farty-exhausted Civic revs on me at an intersection, I swear I'm going to get out of my car and cram their ridiculous double-decker aluminium wing firmly up their rump."

Comment

Originally posted by THEMP3KID

Yeah, but they are only suited to the lower frequencies, e.g. Sobwoofers.. thanx anyway.. I might look into it anyway.. use a high power class D for the woofers, and a smaller amp for teh mid/tweeters

hmm..

Not true at all these days. You can get some nice amps on a chip which are good quality class Ds.

Rob
            Old Systems retired due to new car
            New system at design/prototype stage on BeagleBoard.

Comment

sorry, this isn't for a car.. thats why I posted in the offtopic section, rather than one of teh more car related ones..

Comment

Can I just ask why you want an amp of this power? I used a 2k rig for a "Outdoor Concert" and go noise complains from the local town (5 miles away!) and that wasn't any where near full power.

You do mean 1K rms don't you, or are you on about peak max power generated by some weird maths just to make the amp appear good to the unsupecting public.

I can only think of a couple of speaker which can that this kind of abuse (JBL Concert 1s, and Sherman Commandos spring to mind), and they cost big time.

and if your going to use speaker banks your better off amping each one seperately, if only from a weight point of view, (try carrying a 1K amp more than a few feet)

Rob
                And you say people actually pay money for M$ Windows?
                www.mp3mini.co.uk (Does what it says on the URL) www.openclassic.co.uk (The new car, with zero rust!) www.rob-web.co.uk (My other site)
                Total re-design underway: on the whole progress is very slow as the car is taking up too much time :)

Comment

Are you trying to build a sound system for a concert or something?

why do you need 1000w?
                  www.arbybean.com

Comment

are you listing the power like all the "mainstream" audio companies like sony, panasonic, technics...etc. they all list amp power as # of channels X watts/channel, so my 5.1 reciever with 100 watts per channel would be called a 600 watt reciever... if you are going to put 1000 w into 1 or 2 speakers get ready to shell out some cash for new stuff....

if you want to look into some do-it-yourself audio i suggest
                    www.diyaudio.com (definately look here)
                    www.harmonicdiscord.com (kinda more of high end audio, than DIY)
                    www.headwize.com(just headphone stuff but they have a lot of smaller projects)
                    www.headfi.com (similar to headwize)

do it yourself audio is very expensive, especially if you want clear sound... just look around at some of the sites i have listed. plus, i wonder if you are going to be able to get a good board layout for all the components you are going to need to put in this thing.

also, try not to kill yourself when you wire up a multirail ~60V power supply the runs off mains supply. also, get a LOT of heat sinks for the IC's. they ARE going to get very hot!!!

~Mike
                    Single Member of the "1000 Post and No MP3 Car" Club
                    PROJECT ON INDEFINATE HOLD... BOUGHT A HOUSE
                    2000 Cavalier Z24 [###-------] Only 30% Done ... Still

Comment

1000W RMS?!!!!!!!

thats bloddy industrial!!

i think you have heard some amps at 1000W PMPO (a bull**** raiting as any audiophile - and myself will tell you!) which is a bull**** raiting, devised by nasy advertisers to 'overspec' the output of their equipment.

for most rooms, 100W RMS is gonna be more then enough....

and with your known 'limited' budget, u aint gonna get a 1000W RMS amp built any time soon on the cheap!
                      Project - GAME OVER :(

Comment

Nah, nah, nah.. I just wanna PI$$ of teh neighbours.. they had this loud music going at 2am.. and, I was TRYING to sleep.. So.. payback time... This amp is for 2 homemade speaker box setups (I actually need 2 1000watt amps, one for each channel) The speaker boxes will contain 4-6 12inch woofers, EACH... they are rated at 200watts each, and I hear that underpowering speakers so the amp clips will fry ya speaker quite nicely.. Money is no problem, as this is probably just a KEWL dream I am having.. lol.. but if I could find a schematic, then I might start work on teh amp.. Only problem I can see is, 1. thats one MASSIVE powertransformer.. and 2. I think it'll blow the house fuses.. lol anyway.. is this such a bad idea??

Comment

http://users.swing.be/edwinpaij/ampli_mosfet_360_w.htm

well the above site is for a 360Wrms Amp has all the details you require .. you could build four of them so you can get like 1440RMS raw power

hope it helps
                          Mastero

Comment

Hmmm... thats a nice lookin amp.. only prob is that I need 1000watts per channel... thats like ATLEAST SIX of those amps. and, connecting then together to power one load if too hard.. And... having all the "primary" part of teh circuit, (the lowerpowewr components, not teh mosfets) 6 times, when I could have had it twice isn't my "cup of tea" There was a link to a 1000w mosfet amp.. but... the stupid link doesn't work..

Comment

Originally posted by THEMP3KID
                              The speaker boxes will contain 4-6 12inch woofers, EACH... they are rated at 200watts each, and I hear that underpowering speakers so the amp clips will fry ya speaker quite nicely
                              ummmm... how are you planning on hooking these speakers together. series, parallel, combination? you are going to have to plan very well to get the right impedence rating so that the amps are not overworked. powering speakers at low impedence is going to require one hell of an amp...

underpowering speakers so the amps clip? all underpowering a speaker does, is result in not utilizing the full power handling capacity of the driver... are you talking about overloading the amps because the speaker load has too low of an impedance? someone please enlighten me.... i feel like im missing something...

side note... if you are doing this to **** off your neighbors.. i really dont want to take part in this... seems like a HUGE waste of money.... especially since you have always put up the image that you dont have a lot of expendable income laying around...

whatever... i dont know why im wasting my time responding to this thead... but since i already typed it out...

~mike
                              Single Member of the "1000 Post and No MP3 Car" Club
                              PROJECT ON INDEFINATE HOLD... BOUGHT A HOUSE
                              2000 Cavalier Z24 [###-------] Only 30% Done ... Still

Comment

Working...
                              X