Trouble With Truck!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble With Truck!!!

I really don't know where else to turn with this problem but here it goes.

I recently purchased a 1992 Ford Ranger, 2 Wheel Drive, 2.3l, Manual, with 115k miles for $500.

This guy has had the truck for 4 years and he really hasn't had a problem with it. I bought the thing, and now the problems have started. In the recent weeks it has rained/snowed/rained and I am having problems starting it and have throttle bogging down problem. When it starts i let it warm up for about 5 minutes then I start driving, but when I start to move its almost like the engine isn't getting enough air or I am almost flooding it because the engine bogs down.

I took the truck to a mechanic for an inspection, he says that it just needs a new cap, rotor, plugs, and wires. Well needless to say he says that he can do it for roughly $250. I wanted to see if there was anything that I could do. I went to a local parts store and found out that this truck has import and exhaust port plugs and it doesn't have a cap and rotor, it uses a distribution center to fire those eight plugs.

I guess my question is has anyone had problems with their vehicles like this or not?

Sounds like it just needs a tuneup. New filters, plugs, wires, etc. Most likely an ignition problem... Perhaps a coil pack has gone bad?
    Player: Pentium 166MMX, Amptron 598LMR MB w/onboard Sound, Video, LAN, 10.2 Gig Fujitsu Laptop HD, Arise 865 DC-DC Converter, Lexan Case, Custom Software w/Voice Interface, MS Access Based Playlists
    Car: 1986 Mazda RX-7 Turbo (highly modded), 1978 RX-7 Beater (Dead, parting out), 2001 Honda Insight
    "If one more body-kitted, cut-spring-lowered, farty-exhausted Civic revs on me at an intersection, I swear I'm going to get out of my car and cram their ridiculous double-decker aluminium wing firmly up their rump."

Comment

haha, yeah, I bought a lincoln that supposedly had
      "no problems", the week after the powersteering and powerbrakes quit.
      Clarion 200watt head unit w/ Aux in.
      Kicker 800watt 4 channel amp
      In a 96 Grand Prix SE.

Comment

Working...
      X