Weird bug on vBulletin search

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird bug on vBulletin search

Try this:

do a search for "anyword ac/dc"

The hex representation of the "/" (%2F) character confuses the hell out of the php code. Click on any of the serach results to experience the bug.

There's a newer vBulletin (2.2.25), I don't know if the bug is fixed or if it's even worth upgrading for.

Re: Weird bug on vBulletin search

you always haveto break things dont you!!!!

nice find...... maybe you should report the bug to the vBulletin homepage?
    Project - GAME OVER :(

if you taker the &highlight=xxx it works fine.

I wish there was an option to disable highlighting in search!

Ouch. Maybe you should post it to BugTraq?
        Player: Pentium 166MMX, Amptron 598LMR MB w/onboard Sound, Video, LAN, 10.2 Gig Fujitsu Laptop HD, Arise 865 DC-DC Converter, Lexan Case, Custom Software w/Voice Interface, MS Access Based Playlists
        Car: 1986 Mazda RX-7 Turbo (highly modded), 1978 RX-7 Beater (Dead, parting out), 2001 Honda Insight
        "If one more body-kitted, cut-spring-lowered, farty-exhausted Civic revs on me at an intersection, I swear I'm going to get out of my car and cram their ridiculous double-decker aluminium wing firmly up their rump."

magnetik: Hehehe, what's the fun otherwise.

Aaron: I searched on the vbulletin page and it seems it was a know bug, and it doesn't happen in their own bulletin, so it must have been fixed on some later version.

Here's one of the posts regarding the error:

As you can see, at the end of the thread he mentions a one line hack fixes it.