No announcement yet.

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headphones

Any other audiophiles on here with high end head phones?

Wondering what your experiences are with what components and what preamps.

I'm now searching for a really nice portable CD player, but they are proving to be far and few between now a days....shame really.

What are y'all using?
    Jan Bennett
    FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

I'm an earbud fan, so take that as a warning.

I've had a cheap ($40) pair of Sony earbuds for over 5 years now. I was initially impressed with their bass response. Decent highs, too. Ultra-small size made them convenient for lugging around on bikes and in the office. The wires eventually broke, so I needed some new ones about a year ago.

I bought a pair of Shure E3C's and they were amazing. Awesome highs, but absolutely, positively no bass. And yes, I realize the fit produces the bass in earbuds. I tried all of the sleeves with no improvement. Returned.

I then bought Sony's noise-canceling earbuds - MDRNC11AW (last years model, anyway) and was again impressed. Highs were decent. Lows were outstanding. Fit was very comfortable (8hrs/day with no discomfort). Noise cancelling circuitry is a little staticy. Works very well on airplanes, but isn't as good as the Sennheuser... 250's (I think those are the ones - about $200 a year ago). A buddy let me borrow his.
    But there's one important thing I need to mention - I rarely need the noise cancelling circuitry! The sleeves eliminate most noise from reaching my ears! To put it this way, with the music at a low volume, I can't hear my phone ring 2 feet from my ear. (fortunately it has a flashing light!)
    CarPC Stolen. Starting over.
    Ne1 recognize the avatar?

Get shure or etymotics. Some of the best headphones out there
      Carputer Progress: Here we go again...

Genesis has speed
      Genesis has class
      Genesis sent money
      before your a__;)

Join the fight against carputters. EMAIL ME!