35 miles per charge. Yeh... its a commuter
    PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
    GammaControl v2.4
    SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

I hate stuff like that.

- No Gas, No Emissions, No Problem! -
      So he digs the electricity out of the ground then?? Or maybe plucks it off a tree.
      Visit my site V8 Scimitar

SP13000, 300GB SATA HD, 1GB DDR. Opus 150, K301 screen, Cisco WIFI, AQmax GPS, RoadRunner and FreeDrive, Sony MEX-R5 head unit. 4 years installed and it just keeps running!

Comment

Originally posted by v8 scimitar View Post
        I hate stuff like that.

So he digs the electricity out of the ground then?? Or maybe plucks it off a tree.
        Yeh. Environmentalists are hypocrites. That's why I support gas guzzles...

PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
        GammaControl v2.4
        SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

dude....that's may next majr car project....i already have the whole damn thing planned...including carputer LOL

and hey, a green car is better than no green car. Yes, electricity is polluting in production, but its better than gas AND electricity polluting. Beside,s it'd be hella cool to have this convo

cute girl- Hey, nice car, where'd you get it
          me- I built it
          cute girl- are you seriosu
          me- hell yeah i ts all electric and solar. I take care of the environment, like i take care of my women. Wanna ride?
          cute girl- sure!

Yeah, it may not goentirely like that, but seriously, you wouldnt beleive how many ladies i picked up with a digital camera and a pocket pc that took the same memory card and loaded with the right software. Hell a car i built...that shows a sensitive side...wiht a computer inside...good thing i'm taken and loyal...i'd be dangerous! i might eve leave the TT targa top supra at home *cough* when i get my 8th and next shot at getting one *cough*
          Carputer Progress: Here we go again...

THE GF THEME
          Genesis has speed
          Genesis has class
          Genesis sent money
          before your a__;)

Join the fight against carputters. EMAIL ME!

Comment

Originally posted by Genesisfactor View Post
            dude....that's may next majr car project....i already have the whole damn thing planned...including carputer LOL

and hey, a green car is better than no green car. Yes, electricity is polluting in production, but its better than gas AND electricity polluting. Beside,s it'd be hella cool to have this convo

me- I built it
            me- hell yeah i ts all electric and solar. I take care of the environment, like i take care of my women. Wanna ride?
            cute girl- sure!

Yeah, it may not goentirely like that, but seriously, you wouldnt beleive how many ladies i picked up with a digital camera and a pocket pc that took the same memory card and loaded with the right software. Hell a car i built...good think i'm taken and loyal...i'd be dangerous!
            Is it? I'm not saying I don't know if it's the case. For instance, how much greenhouse emissions come from cars, vs say power plants?

Also, batteries produce tons of toxic material, granted, they are getting better at reclaimation, but what that means for lithium, no idea.

IIRC, your also looking at 5K every 8 years or so to replace the battery in commercial green machines.
            GE Cache Builder | [email protected] |Coolstuff :autospeed.com | bit-tech.net | Nitemax Ultra Pinouts

Comment

Its greener for the city but that's it. Electricity production/distribution is less efficient in the first place. Besides lets take a 2.5 ton truck and add another .5 ton to it. Am thinking maybe take a 1 ton car and start from there or less even. Course if you run a windmill solar farm in your back yard to to charge the car then that's cool.
              Visit my site V8 Scimitar

SP13000, 300GB SATA HD, 1GB DDR. Opus 150, K301 screen, Cisco WIFI, AQmax GPS, RoadRunner and FreeDrive, Sony MEX-R5 head unit. 4 years installed and it just keeps running!

Comment

Originally posted by v8 scimitar View Post
                ... Besides lets take a 2.5 ton truck and add another .5 ton to it. Am thinking maybe take a 1 ton car and start from there or less even...
                Weight of a Prius: 2890
                Weight of his finished XJ: 3084

Anyway, it's a neat idea but kinda impractical. I'll stick to making my own biodiesel (when I get a diesel vehicle, and a place to make the stuff).
                Debt as of 1/1/05: $34,354.48
                Debt as of July 4, 2007: $0.00 explanation
                I'M DEBT FREE!!
                I'm now a reasonably successful gunblogger.

Comment

Originally posted by Enforcer View Post
                  I still say the best and most enviromentally friendly way to power a vehicle will be (when we can get it to work) to get it powered off our own excrement.
                  true that

but not ALL power comes from nuclear/coal power plants (the majority does, yes i know)

but what about Hydro Power, Solar, Wind, Ocean power? the components are lowering in price everyday, hell, with how much power solar panels can/will be able to produce, soon we'll all be self sufficient in our electricity needs with solar panels on our roofs

u never know, he might have a wind turbine in his backyard, and solar panels on his roof, lol

but who knows, maybe he never has to drive more than 25miles a day, i'd say i drive maybe 15km a day (to work, back from work, to store, to friends houses, all pretty close), so an electric car for me would be great (not to mention i live in an area powered by a hydro dam, so it wouldnt really be polluting at all, except for where they flooded a lot of land to make this dam..., lol)

Comment

Originally posted by Genesisfactor View Post
                    Beside,s it'd be hella cool to have this convo

me- I built it
                    cute girl- sure!
                    I think it would go something like this:

cute girl - Hey, nice car, where'd you get it?
                    me - I built it its all electric and solar. I take care of the environment, like I take care of my women Wanna ride?
                    cute girl - Spank it, freak.

Originally posted by ghettocruzer
                    I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
                    Want to:
                    -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
                    -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

i was just kinda impressed on how simple it is.
                      I mean i have enough electrical and mechanical skills to do myself just not the money.
                      haha
                      Core duo
                      1tb harddrive
                      256 ddr
                      8 lilliput
                      bu-353

still installing...

Comment

Originally posted by 84RegalRider View Post
                        i was just kinda impressed on how simple it is.
                        I mean i have enough electrical and mechanical skills to do myself just not the money.
                        haha
                        electricity projects like that are a damn simple

batteries/motor/motor controller/charger

done, u can add more if u want, but thats all you NEED

Comment

yea i know its that simple.
                          haha
                          but i dont know how you could get it registered here in cali.
                          i could do it in like an 75 or lower year car, but that would be no better off then the jeep with the wieght.
                          Core duo
                          1tb harddrive
                          256 ddr
                          8 lilliput
                          bu-353

still installing...

Comment

lol there's a reason why i post here, thanks for remiding me

shotgun, i think the pollution isn't coming from the batteries themselves, that' s the clean part, but how your produce that electricity in the first place.

Yeaahhh, well, i live on LI. We're starting a few wind farms. I'll see hwow they go. Problem is, for the cost of a mansion in like, ohio or whatever, that's how much the ground to build it on costs out here (its ridiculous, thank you government corruption) so, financially speaking, i'm going to need to club a baby seal or two instead of being 100% loving to nature.

Now if i lived in Europe...

There is a house with solar power cells in the neighborhood. Its not as great as one would think, esp for asthetics lol.

Bugbyte- she'd wanna watch and then join in. Don't move this to DOT, that's all i'll say

Enforcers- lol let's burn waste cause its healthier to breathe...

But really i'm not sure how li-po batts would work yet...so...its a wet dream for now.
                            Carputer Progress: Here we go again...

THE GF THEME
                            Genesis has speed
                            Genesis has class
                            Genesis sent money
                            before your a__;)

Join the fight against carputters. EMAIL ME!

Comment

Working...
                            X