Home Laptop Problemsss

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home Laptop Problemsss

OK So i have has my Toshiba Satellite A75-S206 for a little over 3 years now. TO be honest I have had nothing but problems with it. In the last 3 years I have sent it back to Toshiba 5 times! Thanks god i got the 3year warranty! Anyway, my laptop like to shut off all the time. I cant use the laptop if it is laying on a desk...if it is in my lap with the bottom of the laptop exposed so all air possible can reach the laptop it will be fine for a little while but it still shuts down. I know it is a heat issue! It gets really really hot! I found a place on how to open up the laptop. IS there anything i can do to fix this? It is really annoying because what good is a laptop if it keeps shutting off! I cant do anything on it. This stated happening a year ago but not as bad. Now i cant use it for more than 10min without it shutting off.

Thanks in advance!
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant
    Progress: 90% [-▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓- ->

Carputer Specs:
    Via M10K
    512mb Ram
    60GB HDD
    Souund Blaster Audigy2 NX
    OPUS ITX PC Case

This used to happen to me on my Dell Latitude. THe fan actually that privdes air to the heatsink had died....

I opened the laptop up and DJIK made me a "special" case for it.. Warks like a charm now, but use it as a car PC... so I took the screen off....

You can check if the fan is dead.

Something else you can do, is get something called a CoolPad. It has fans built it and get's put under the laptop to cool it off a little..

Peace,

Rafster
    Post # 3000

Comment

I have had an older laptop, its a dell inspron 5000, its a p3 500 laptop,
      so its old, and always ran hot, but never crashed from the heat, but
      it gets so hot it could burn you, I just a few days ago removed the
      heat sink to have a look, guess what, there was a air gap between
      the heatsink and cpu, about a single paper worth, they had just put
      a thick amount of heatsink compound and left it that way,

So I try to make a metal shim, took a long time, hard to get the thickness
      just right, and on top of that it only helps a little

another thing that helps is a meat thawing try - or like what was said
      a laptop cooling tray

Comment

i know how to fix it (a few of the symptoms), Im me on Genesis factor ot soullessnight 18 (currently on genesis factor)
        Carputer Progress: Here we go again...

THE GF THEME
        Genesis has speed
        Genesis has class
        Genesis sent money
        before your a__;)

Join the fight against carputters. EMAIL ME!

Comment

Well i think i fixed it! I dismantled the entire laptop and I found that the heatsink on top of the cpu was totally clogged with dust....I cleaned that up and it seems ok... I have a satellite a75 wiht a Pentium 4 2.8GH with HT. JUSt wondering if the laptopns use the same p4 chips as the desktop pcs?
          2002 Mitsubishi Galant
          Progress: 90% [-▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓- ->

Carputer Specs:
          Via M10K
          512mb Ram
          60GB HDD
          Souund Blaster Audigy2 NX
          OPUS ITX PC Case

Comment

lol that would be the fix. I had the declog a bunch of toshibas. They suck because they use full out desktop proceesors and don't provide adequate heat dissapation. after a few months of clogging, you'rte crapping out
            Carputer Progress: Here we go again...

THE GF THEME
            Genesis has speed
            Genesis has class
            Genesis sent money
            before your a__;)

Join the fight against carputters. EMAIL ME!

Comment

Working...
            X