Starter solenoid?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starter solenoid?

My starter solenoid recently went on my peugeot 205, and i need another one. The only way i can start my car at the moment is by using a screwdriver to short out two bolts, so the current can get to the starter motor (loadza sparks) It`s a bit dangerous, but at least it makes my car harder to steal .

Anyway, i remember someone on here saying that he used an extra solenoid to wire in a second car battery, and i was wondering where he bought it.... I`ve tried loads of car spares places, and they only do exchange starter motors, which cost 70 ($100)+. It seems stupid to pay all this money for one small part, so if anyone knows where i could get one, please post.

PS. Preferably someone in the UK, who does bosch solenoids.
    My Setup

Are you in Bristol or Cambridge at the mo? As there's a scrappy just North of Bristol, which tend to be pretty good (helpfull & cheap).

Rob
    And you say people actually pay money for M$ Windows?
    www.mp3mini.co.uk (Does what it says on the URL) www.openclassic.co.uk (The new car, with zero rust!) www.rob-web.co.uk (My other site)
    Total re-design underway: on the whole progress is very slow as the car is taking up too much time :)

Comment

I`m in Bristol at the moment.... Do you know the name and address of the scrapper you mentioned? Sounds ideal.
      My car's got the MOT on Friday, and once that`s passed (hopefully), my beast is back on the road! I can`t wait
      My Setup

Comment

I think it's Tate's Hill Scrap Breakers or something like that, just of the A38 by Dursley, unfortunately I don't have a phone number, and I can't really find one out as I'm in Boulder at the mo.

Rob
        And you say people actually pay money for M$ Windows?
        www.mp3mini.co.uk (Does what it says on the URL) www.openclassic.co.uk (The new car, with zero rust!) www.rob-web.co.uk (My other site)
        Total re-design underway: on the whole progress is very slow as the car is taking up too much time :)

Comment

Working...
        X