No announcement yet.

USB Compact Flash Readers

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USB Compact Flash Readers

Does anyone know anything about these? I'm thinking about getting one as my camera is a bit slow to download. Anyway I went to my local PC shop and they had about 5 or 6 different ones (ranging from $20 to $50) however only one stated what the data transfer rate was (1.2mb/sec).

Now what I want to know is 1.2mb/sec any good as USB flash readers go (My compact flash card will go up 16.6mb/sec which is a fair bit faster).

Can anyone recmend a reader with a faster transfer rate.

And is there anything else feature wise which I should look out for?

And you say people actually pay money for M$ Windows? (Does what it says on the URL) (The new car, with zero rust!) (My other site)
    Total re-design underway: on the whole progress is very slow as the car is taking up too much time :)

I have a smart media card reader made by dazzle.

It's incredibly faster than the one I used to use. I don't know the exact data rate, and I don't want to over state it.. but It seemed at least as fast as my hard drive
    aka Kumaneko
    "Don't make me moderate your ***!"
    Maxima of Doom - project thread - photo gallery
    mp3car system is currently FUBAR and finances do not allow for a correction of that situation
    Real computer hackers use a rotary cutting tool on their motherboard.

I just bough a SanDisk compact flash reader ($20) for my parents, who have an old 1mp camera that only had a serial connection, which could take on the order of 15 min to download the 10mb flash card. The usb reader took literraly a few seconds to download the 10mb. Especially if you have a camera with a serial camera, they are quite worth it.

Since when is insanity a bad thing?