Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas Lights 2006 - over 17,000

Thought you might like to see this.
    These are my Christmas lights that I just finished.

www.bradleyjacobs.com/lights

www.bradleyjacobs.com

There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. -- Frank Zappa

What they dont blink to music? I want the dancing lights like this http://www.ebaumsworld.com/2006/07/xmaslights.html

I think the guy that did this is doing it again at some park this year.

p.s. cool lights must cost a fortune to run!
    Um, I guess this is where you put something witty.WITTY

My Web site, in the design stage. http://home.comcast.net/~cstrachn

Modified RRSkinEditor http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=65723

Comment

That's a lot of lights!
      Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
      1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
      30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
      15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
      Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

very nice. I have a tad over 5k lights up this year. I don't have time, or my roof and house would be lined like yours.

if you have not already, checkout www.computerchristmas.com
        they have the controller plans there to sequence lights, and how to build them right.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity View Post
          very nice. I have a tad over 5k lights up this year. I don't have time, or my roof and house would be lined like yours.

if you have not already, checkout www.computerchristmas.com
          they have the controller plans there to sequence lights, and how to build them right.
          Either next year or the year after, I'm going to buy or build a controller. You can buy the controller with the software for around $200. I need to buy a few thousand more lights first. I also need about 50 more extension cords.
          www.bradleyjacobs.com

There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. -- Frank Zappa

Comment

Skip the extension cords, and run all your lights directly off the controllers. http://computerchristmas.com/?link=p...d&PhotoCat=168

Comment

So, how many watts does your setup pull? Interested in what your electric bill will be.
              ODYSSEY

Originally posted by Tidder
              Hey, as long as it's not any particular race I'm offending, I can stand to be a pedophile.
              All information expressed in this post is my opinion, and should not be regarded as a statement of fact.
              Digital-Car UK|

(\__/)
              (='.'=)
              (")_(")

Comment

I am pulling 17 amps, so about 1870 watts. My lights are on for 6 hours a day, from day after Thanksgiving to Jan 1.
                Last year my electric bill went up 32.00 for the lights.
                I am sure the OP's is easily triple that depending on his electricity rates.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity View Post
                  Skip the extension cords, and run all your lights directly off the controllers. http://computerchristmas.com/?link=p...d&PhotoCat=168
                  Interesting. I have several thousand feet of Cat5.
                  www.bradleyjacobs.com

Comment

Originally posted by ODYSSEY View Post
                    So, how many watts does your setup pull? Interested in what your electric bill will be.
                    I'm sure it will be cheaper than my pool. It has an enormous 110volt pump. It's 110-volt only, it has no option for 220. Our bill went down 80 bucks when we winterized the pool. So these lights are bound to be cheaper than that.
                    www.bradleyjacobs.com

Comment

wouldnt want to have to pay your electric bill

Comment

wow your lighting sucks. you dont even have lights on the roof. xD

just kidding, amazing job, blinding

Comment

Originally posted by vtdawg404 View Post
                          wow your lighting sucks. you dont even have lights on the roof. xD

just kidding, amazing job, blinding
                          Yeah, I'm pretty disappointed in that. I miscalculated and ran out of lights before I got to the roof. Note: Just because the box lists a length for the light strand, doesn't make it so.

Oh well. I'm going to buy a lot more lights after Christmas and rent a stick boom next year to make it a lot faster and easier. I was an OSHA-certified personal lift and fork lift instructor for 3 years. I kinda know my way around them.
                          Attached Files
                          www.bradleyjacobs.com

Comment

Update

Update: My lights now go on automatically at dusk. Look at the last 3 pics. http://www.bradleyjacobs.com/lights

www.bradleyjacobs.com

Comment

i would hate to be your neighbor
                              2004 Impreza WRX CarPC Install

I am willing to host any legal downloads that may benefit the CarPC community - PM for info

"When you go 0-60 in 4.5 seconds, you don't need a made up character called fast. Thats what makes a Subaru, a Subaru."

DG4L

Comment

Working...
                              X