e-Fax services?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• e-Fax services?

Have you used any? Which ones and what are your experiences?
    Jan Bennett
    FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

I have used the free version of eFax. It works pretty well, but requires a viewer to see the faxes and they have no Linux client. My fax # is in Montana and I live in GA, but it's free. Also you can not send faxes from it and you get SPAM faxes from efax advertisers as part of the deal.
    Carputer Project Status:
    0% - Mobo died on 2/17/08
    Check out the worklog for my '01 Pathfinder.

Comment

We used to use eFax, it's pretty handy service if you ask me. We had an 800 number, sends faxes right to your e-mail box. The client is not a big deal, reminds me of Adobe's PDF viewer. You can get local numbers at low cost as well. IMO it beats the hell out of receiving faxes over a fax machine, you automatically have a copy in electronic format right off the bat.
      Joel Konecny
      Digimoto OBDII Diagnostics

Comment

I've used eFax before and found it really easy to use. Just wondering if anyone else has any other experiences.

Using a paper fax machine simply isn't an option any more IMO. I'm tired of killing trees needlessly...lol
        Jan Bennett

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

I gave up having a second line for faxes a few years ago, & use efax since..

it's great that you can recive a fax ANYWHERE..... & it's always ready to recieve.... I can get a fax while doing 80 on the turnpike

the adds kinda suck, but not so much that it is a problem... reminds me of aol in that respect

all in all, I'd highly recommend it.... as far as spam faxes... I'm just in the habit of not even looking at one page faxes anymore... just about all of my business faxes are more than one page & just about all spam faxes are just one page....
          MY NEWEST INSTALL:modded infiniti fx with big screen

first windows carpc install........my liquid cooled LVDS screen :D

Comment

I use rapidfax.com. Pretty good, haven't had any problems.

Just don't use smartfax.com. It is horrible, doesn't tell you if the fax has been sent or not, does not reformat to fit pages but only sends one page so people will get the left upper corner of your page, doesn't tell you if you are not using the right format and just does not send your fax, and even if I did everything after the manual I was not able to send one single fax.
            Asus MicroATX with GeFore 6100, Mobile Sempron 3300+, 1Gig Ram, 320GB 3.5" 7200UPM HDD, M2-ATX, Gain/Xenarc 7"

Fast IS my copilot

Comment

good info!
              Jan Bennett

Comment

forgot to mention... I've recieved hundreds of faxes through efax, but have never sent any from it... for what that's worth...

Comment

Oh yeah forgot to mention, got sooo many spam faxes through smartfax.com. Even before I had ever sent a fax (well I never ever sent one). So they must give away your fax number right after you sign up. STAY AWAY FROM THEM!
                  Asus MicroATX with GeFore 6100, Mobile Sempron 3300+, 1Gig Ram, 320GB 3.5" 7200UPM HDD, M2-ATX, Gain/Xenarc 7"

Fast IS my copilot

Comment

Originally posted by RedGTiVR6 View Post
                    I've used eFax before and found it really easy to use. Just wondering if anyone else has any other experiences.

Using a paper fax machine simply isn't an option any more IMO. I'm tired of killing trees needlessly...lol
                    Getting a little tree-huggy, red?

Rafster
                    Post # 3000

Comment

don't even get me started on the waste that this world goes through.....lol
                      Jan Bennett

Comment

Just curious, why allow a thrid party service access to your faxes?
                        Who knows how many prying eyes can view any of those documents?
                        I can understand the whole save a tree thing, and using a dedicated fax machine, phone line, etc.
                        What I use is an old device many of you may have heard of. It's called a Fax Modem.
                        You can send and receive faxes just like using a fax machine right through your pc. View, save or print as needed. I am of cousre assuming that most people are now on some sort of broadband connection, so the phone line is available anyway. Now this is of course pointless if you are using a wifi connection at a remote location, but if you are at home, work etc. and have a phone line handy, whay bother with the e fax servies?
                        If you are only sending occasional faxes, it won't kill the phone bill.

Comment

phone line?

what's that?

why have a phone line when you have a cell phone?

I'd venture to say that 1 out of 10 of our friends doesn't even have a phone line....the only ones who do are the ones that have DSL and/or satelite TV.

I work from home now and still don't bother with a home phone. Haven't had one for going on 6 years now.
                          Jan Bennett

Comment

I do have a main teathered line, but I still find efax to be great... I can still get a fax while I'm not in the office, & I have all my faxes with me wherever I go... I personally don't care if anyone can "view" my faxes, I mean theres no top secret espionage going on there... & for that matter, if you're worried about that, then what about emails in general?

I guess if you're a lawyer or an official dealing with sensative information it may be a concern, but for the average faxes that will interest no one I don't really wory about that... the best you'll see when viewing my faxes is how friggin cheap insurance companies have become

Comment

Working...
                            X