Who has actually bought a windows OS?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who has actually bought a windows OS?

I'm in no way saying that downloading or using an illegal copy of windows is right, but as everyone knows, it's extremely common. I'm just curious how many of you have actually bought a windows operating system?

Personally, the first windows OS I bought was Windows XP. It had quite a few bugs so I haven't paid for another one yet. I'll probably end up buying Vista once it's been on the market for atleast a year.

I bought XP Home when it first came out, and never even opened the box. THe only reason I got it, was because when it first came out they were giving a whole bunch of stuff away with it.

I got a Linksys Wireless Router out of it and some other stuff like Ram and such...

To this day... I think it's sitting in a bag, completely un-opened in our storage locker...

I'll stick with my ummmmm Borrowed version of Pro... thank you very much...

Rafster

P.S. I also make it a habit not to use a brand new version of windows until it's at least at SP1. Started with WIndows 3.1, then Win95B, Then Win98SE, then Win2K SP1, then WinXP SP1... (No WinME )
    Post # 3000

Comment

Every OS that I have installed has a legit license. 1 in the car, 1 on both laptops, 1 media server, 1 HTPC in the LR, 1 gaming box and one test box.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffreyd_tx View Post
        Every OS that I have installed has a legit license. 1 in the car, 1 on both laptops, 1 media server, 1 HTPC in the LR, 1 gaming box and one test box.
        Microsoft thanks you for your loyal support....

Rafster
        Post # 3000

Comment

My company has purchased MSDN subscriptions ~ basically every piece of Microsoft software you can imagine for pennies on the dollar (usually comes with 10 keys for each OS). I can't remember if I had ever actually purchased an individual operating system though (that didn't come with a computer).
          Joel Konecny
          Digimoto OBDII Diagnostics

Comment

I bought mine. All 3 lisences of them. Same with all 3 of my Office 2003 Professionals, XPE, Tablet 2005, CE.Net4.2, and 2000. I paid all of 0.00 for all of it. I mean, my God, i barely knew how i was going to afford all of that...

Before that i got free copies from my dad since he was in IT.

Everything's legit in this house.

I FORGOT to get x64 OS (though i don't know how well it will run)

I'd like to thank Microsoft for its loyal support...
            Carputer Progress: Here we go again...

THE GF THEME
            Genesis has speed
            Genesis has class
            Genesis sent money
            before your a__;)

Join the fight against carputters. EMAIL ME!

Comment

I get the feeling this thread was started by a federali...

If my hypothesis is true or not - it does not matter - My lips are zipped.
              - sh00k
              Duct tape and a Bandana for the win, b!shes!!!

My Setup:http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=73500

Cost so far: Less than a grand ;]

Comment

This thread is pushing the absolute edge of being within the TOS.

The first post discussing anything illegal will get this thread removed and the user banned, no questions asked.

Hell, we might get breaker021 to come after you with the duct tape and bandana, as well!
                Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
                How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

you now, i doubt anyone who DIDN'T legitly get the software would be like, "hahaha, yeah, I STOLE IT!!! I COMMITED A FELONY!!!" And if they do, i want part of microsoft's reward for finding them (there is one i believe)
                  Carputer Progress: Here we go again...

THE GF THEME
                  Genesis has speed
                  Genesis has class
                  Genesis sent money
                  before your a__;)

Join the fight against carputters. EMAIL ME!

Comment

So, just keep the posts to those who bought it. We don't tolerate piracy discussions on this site.

I bought mine. XP Pro. Cost me a ton of money but I have a hard time justifying that I stole something because I thought the price was too high or that the company didn't deserve it. That ain't gonna wash in the final analysis.
                    Originally posted by ghettocruzer
                    I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
                    Want to:
                    -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
                    -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

Bought all my OSes. DOS6.2 for the old car PC, Win98SE for home PC (then transferred to car PC when home PC replaced), WinXP Pro for the new home PC. 98Lite for car PC OS tuning.
                      Old Systems retired due to new car
                      New system at design/prototype stage on BeagleBoard.

Comment

Bought mine. Well not as a box at the shell, but it come with the computer.
                        Also, most softwares is dirt cheap at your university book store. The one on my carPCs are from university book store for 10 bucks a pop. The catch is you have to be a student or university staff.
                        2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
                        89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
                        Y2K Accord Dell GX150
                        RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
                        EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

I own mine, as well.
                          I was able to get an OEM discount as a result of workeing for an OEM.
                          Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
                          How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Originally posted by MatrixPC View Post
                            Bought mine. Well not as a box at the shell, but it come with the computer.
                            Also, most softwares is dirt cheap at your university book store. The one on my carPCs are from university book store for 10 bucks a pop. The catch is you have to be a student or university staff.
                            $10 for WinXP?

Rafster
                            Post # 3000

Comment

Originally posted by Rafster View Post
                              $10 for WinXP?

Rafster
                              We get $45 for XP Pro. Not an upgrade or anything. It comes in a stupid little sleeve though instead of that blue 3 piece folding cardboard holder thing.

I have bought 1 copy of XP Pro, and 1 copy came with my mother's Dell (Home), and I got Vista for free! (Not downloaded, M$ sent me a full copy and not beta either, although they did send me that too)
                              Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
                              1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
                              30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
                              15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
                              Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Working...
                              X