Win 98 spanish version...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win 98 spanish version...

Anyone know how to change the spanish version into english?? Got all these computers in at work that have spanish version on them. Is there just a simple option to check somewhere??

PoBoy
    I'm a ghost...email me if you have any questions on my old setup

My way outdated website: http://www.poboytech.net

FYI: I sold my 96 4Runner and bought a 1985

No Habla espanol?

I'm not sure, possibly somewhere in the software uninstallation window is Spanish support that could be uninstalled.
    Personally I'd format and ghost any new machine I recieved.
    Clarion 200watt head unit w/ Aux in.
    Kicker 800watt 4 channel amp
    In a 96 Grand Prix SE.

Comment

Cant format em

The computers are from overseas US Marshals. HQ wants to know what's on them.

Hablo un poco. But tyring to set these damn things on our network is a ***** when everything is in spanish.

Comment

Control Panel -> Regional Settings. Changes some programs to use different languages.

You could try installing mult-language support. Its under Add/Remove Software, Windows Setup.
        ODYSSEY

Originally posted by Tidder
        Hey, as long as it's not any particular race I'm offending, I can stand to be a pedophile.
        All information expressed in this post is my opinion, and should not be regarded as a statement of fact.
        Digital-Car UK|

(\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(")

Comment

No luck...

Tried those things...Multi Language support only gives Bulgarian and a few others...I guess its just a pure spanish computer. Even the BIOS posts in Spanish and they have pretty cool spanish keyboards that came with them.

If I really wanted to, I could probably learn more spanish using the damn things than all 4 years of Spanish I had in High School. Ohh well...THanks for yall's help

PoBoy

Comment

i know spanish fluently......why dont u try using a spanish to english dictionary??
            Also most computer terms come from english so they can be easily understood in spanish......

Comment

Problem...

Well the goal was to be able to put them to use by our employees (american ones). And why should we make them learn spanish...plus they are US Marshals...no need to make them do something else on top of what they are already doing.

Okay so why not just format and load an English Version. You see the government HATES getting rid of stuff. The word format makes them squirm because they know that there is probably something valuable on these computers. Most of these comps came from the Puerto Rico Marshals division. So there is potentially all sorts of Criminal Investigation docs. Plus, if one of these Marshals ever gets investigated for something...his computer is siezed and basically searched bit by bit looking through "deleted" files. So its basically hit the switch and make em english or pile them in a warehouse.

Ohh well...it was worth a shot. Just trying to save you tax payers from having to buy us 20 more computers.

PoBoy

Comment

I know you've already concluded this, but no is the answer. Windows has a complet different version for the different languages. Unless you install multi language support (which will only convert abo 30% of the computer) there is little hope in getting americanized.

BEN

Comment

It can't be that hard to get them on the network can it? i mean the menus are the same, just in spanish. id get them on the network, get the files off, and rebuild them.
                  -Nick

Comment

Working...
                  X