No announcement yet.

Typing Dyslexia- Is there such a thing?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Typing Dyslexia- Is there such a thing?

Ok more and more I can't seem to type. If I make msitakes in this post I am not going to correct them jsut to show what i am taking about.

Typical mistakes are mroe instead of more, groudn instaed of ground. (Whoops see, instaed of instead). I am not makeing thsi up. Does anyoen esle suffer from this?

When i type though I look at the keys and use two hands. I can type fairly fast, but i make lost of msitakes. Seriously look at how bad this is.

I am a numbers person, but if you ask me to spell a word out loud I have trouble visualizing the word. Is this a problem of dyslexia too? Or is this something esle?

The reason I am writign this is because my last 4 posts i ahd to severely edit them, I swear every other word was wrong. Ok enough.

Anyone else have this problem? is this a real problem?
    System always under construction

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...yping+dyslexia
    AMD XP 2600+/512MB RAM/120GB hard drive
    Opus 150W/DVD/GPS/7" Lilliput TS/802.11g/Bluetooth
    Installed.

-GPSSecure- - GPS Tracking
    -AltTabber2.2.2- - Handy touchscreen utility.

Comment

check my sig... I type like **** to most times... ie7 has a cool spell checker now, so I don't have to go back & edit much.... I think it's just from trying to type to fast for me.... & sometimes my spelling just sucks, but I don't think it's anything medical or nurological.... I did this post without any spellchecker or editing,

so far I see that to should have been too
      MY NEWEST INSTALL:modded infiniti fx with big screen

first windows carpc install........my liquid cooled LVDS screen :D

Comment

ah yes. Sucha grat site. DAMMIT I did it agian. AARRRRGGGGGGG!

Comment

Originally posted by turbocad6 View Post
          check my sig... I type like **** to most times... ie7 has a cool spell checker now, so I don't have to go back & edit much.... I think it's just from trying to type to fast for me.... & sometimes my spelling just sucks, but I don't think it's anything medical or nurological.... I did this post without any spellchecker or editing,

so far I see that to should have been too
          I have iespell installed on one of my computers but I don;t rember which one, then again I never sue it. I give up. I think I am goign t jsut cut and paste words from now on.

Comment

I wouldn't worry about it too much.

You might want to look at the history of the QWERTY & Dvorak keyboards, there are some interesting results with people who switch. QWERTY was designed to slow down typing speed because the keyboard arms kept jamming up.
            http://dvorak-keyboard.com/
            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dvorak_Simplified_Keyboard

For now though, just slow down. I make a lot of the same typos that you do (teh, jsut, adn, & anyoen to name a few) and simply typing more slowly usually helps.

Oddly, I find that I type more quickly & accurately when I'm in the dark or when I otherwise can't see the keyboard (as opposed to simply trying to look away).
            Old plans out the window because of an accident .
            Have: M1-ATX, EPIA M10000, 256MB, 60GB 2.5", slim slot load DVD
            Need: Time, HU integration, ideas for Lilli

Comment

So I guess iNav redo the QWERTY keyboard to ABC keyboard layout in iG3 was to slow the user down so that the user can enter the destination correctly instead of blame of the "lack of POI" not enough maps?
              2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
              89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
              Y2K Accord Dell GX150
              RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
              EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

I've been diagnosed with dyslexia, and I find myself doing the same when I type to fast.
                Juts slow down a little bit.
                I can still type at a reasonable pace with very few mistakes.

( ^ Look, I did it already (Juts))

Comment

I'd love to try that Dvorak keybaord but we have all grown up on the qwerty. I can only imagine trying to switch. All my posts would look like mqkif nasdfj
                  saj afakf.

So I guess iNav redo the QWERTY keyboard to ABC keyboard layout in iG3 was to slow the user down so that the user can enter the destination correctly instead of blame of the "lack of POI" not enough maps?
                  Hahaha better get someone to do a Dvorak keyboard layout so we can get to places quicker.

check my sig... I type like **** to most times
                  The sad part is I'm sitting a t a desk. (I know you arent really typing while driving...are you?) Look out for Turbocad on the road!

Comment

just out of curiosity do you find that you are quite clumsy as well? like if there is a glass of water on a table even though you knew it was there and were trying to avoid it you'll find you have quite a high likely hood of knocking it over, or if there is some thing on the floor you'll probably end up tripping on it.

Comment

yeah, don't worry, it's ok, I have a keyboard in my sunvisor, so the traffic is still kinda in my periferal vision

Comment

It depends. Sometimes I'm clumsy, other times I am on the ball. Also, I am the type to start multiple projects at once and not finish any of them or at least get to about 90% and say...ya that's good enough for me and start something else. I'd say on average I am usually trying to do 3-4 things at once. I don't know if that's related or not. I think my brain is just thinking faster than what I can physically do.

Comment

sounds like me, always starting new projects even with a bunch of unfinished projects around, always doing 5 things at once... if I ever get some time with nothing to do I feel like somethings wrong & I must be neglecting something, yet I'll spend countless hours on something that means ****...

I get the satisfaction in dreaming up the project, solving the obstacles & then starting it.... I don't know if I get as much satisfaction finishing it, when I see that it is close I guess I feel like I accomplished what I wanted, & I could finish it when ever I want to, but by then another project is already under way....

not too clumsy though, unless I'm polluted or something

Comment

I would also liek to add I feel more comfortable living in a state of organized chaos.

Comment

you'd be right at home in my office

Comment

Working...
                              X