Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some HTML Code help

Can anyone help,

I need to add some code to a webpage do that when a link, or button, or whatever I choose, is clicked, it will AUTOMATICALLY send an e-mail to a list of e-mail addresses with out any other user interaction preferablym though, it if open up an e-mail program, and fills in the Topic automatically, that would work also, so that all someone has to do is press send. Can anyone help.

Thanks,
    Michael
    ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

Here you go
    Code:
    <A HREF="mailto:full_email_address?subject=Email_Topic&cc=CC_email_address_if_any&body=Whatever the body text you want">Link text</A>
    2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
    89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
    Y2K Accord Dell GX150
    RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
    EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

Originally posted by MatrixPC View Post
      Here you go
      Code:
      <A HREF="mailto:full_email_address?subject=Email_Topic&cc=CC_email_address_if_any&body=Whatever the body text you want">Link text</A>
      Thanks so much, that was way quick.

What will the origin e-mail address be.

Michael
      ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

Comment

Matrix, how would I add several e-mail addresses. What would I use to seperate the addresses?

Michael

Comment

Originally posted by Wiredwrx View Post
          Matrix, how would I add several e-mail addresses. What would I use to seperate the addresses?

Michael
          Use comma to separate email address.
          What you mean by "origin email address"?
          What it does is open the user's default email program, fill in To, CC, subject, and body.
          Sender email address is whatever the user had setup.
          Y2K Accord Dell GX150

Comment

Originally posted by MatrixPC View Post
            Use comma to separate email address.
            Sweet, thanks.

Michael

Comment

To send automatically, you have to use server script asp, php, coldfusion, perl... and smtp server to do it. The bad thing is you don't know who send it.
              Y2K Accord Dell GX150

Comment

The site keeps truncating the code to

<a href="mailto:[email protected]?subject=Email_T opic&amp;[email protected],[email protected] n.com,[email protected],[email protected] .com&amp;body=">Notify
                the team of an update</a>
                removing the message and subject field.

Any ideas?

Michael

Comment

Also tried this, but this causes problems in the CC e-mail field.

<p><A HREF="mailto:[email protected]?subject=Team Site Update&[email protected]=Check out the site">Notify memebers</A>

Any ideas?

Comment

are you trying to set this up to send an email to you when a button is clicked on your site?

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity View Post
                      are you trying to set this up to send an email to you when a button is clicked on your site?
                      When a link is clicked, I need an e-mail sent to several addresses, with a Subject and a short message with a link to a website.

Michael

Comment

go to my website and click on "quote"
                        that page is set up using code similar to what you want.
                        When the fields are filled in and the "submit" button is clicked, the page is emailed to me. The email "subject" can be what ever I want, and can send to multiple emails. As well, a note can be in the mesage.
                        I can change my code for you if you want.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity View Post
                          go to my website and click on "quote"
                          that page is set up using code similar to what you want.
                          When the fields are filled in and the "submit" button is clicked, the page is emailed to me. The email "subject" can be what ever I want, and can send to multiple emails. As well, a note can be in the mesage.
                          I can change my code for you if you want.
                          Thanks.

I am trying to avoid the form thing.

My buddies and I have a website for a roject we are working on. Everyone can "log into" the page and make changes.

I want it to be that once someone makes a change, they save it, and then go to the newly updated website, and just click a link to that the WHOLE TEAM now knows that the site has been updated, because there is now new information on the website for everyone to see.

Matrix's code almost works perfectly. Just that the e-mail CC field is filled out incorrectly.

Michael

Comment

you don't have to use a form with the code.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiredwrx View Post
                              The site keeps truncating the code to

<a href="mailto:[email protected]?subject=Email_T opic&amp;[email protected],[email protected] n.com,[email protected],[email protected] .com&amp;body=">Notify
                              the team of an update</a>
                              removing the message and subject field.

Any ideas?

Michael
                              Put it in a code block.
                              What you put on the page, and what the site display.

So I can see exactly what got truncated
                              Sometime, if you have a single quote or double quote, that get truncate too. If you must use quotes, use html equivalent instead of " (&quote instead of ")
                              Y2K Accord Dell GX150

Comment

Working...
                              X