Song of the Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Song of the Day

I think I should start a song of the day thread.

My first song is:

Static X - Black and White

anyone else have recommendations?
    24 y/o w/ Silver/Red
    2000 Honda S2000

http://www.squeezer.net

Nappy Roots POD Remix--aw naw

First rap song I have ever heard with electric guitars. I HATE RAP, but this is friggin awesome.
    Debt as of 1/1/05: $34,354.48
    Debt as of July 4, 2007: $0.00 explanation
    I'M DEBT FREE!!
    I'm now a reasonably successful gunblogger.

Comment

I've noticed that most people don't spell "RAP" correctly. They always forget the silent "C" at the begining.
      Don't Click

Comment

Originally posted by Gutter
        I've noticed that most people don't spell "RAP" correctly. They always forget the silent "C" at the begining.
        TOTALLY!!!
        2 week temp ban (spam and complaining about deleted posts)
        register another account and you're gone for good.

Comment

I know what you mean wizardPC I heard that song the other day actually i think i caught the video flipping through the channels and i was like that looks like the pod guy but wait this is a rap song... its weird for sure, kinda cool but not my type of music.
          Josh Karger
          By reading this post you agree to overlook all grammatical, spelling, and typographical errors! ;)

Comment

yeah, thats how I found it. I was waiting for the girlfriend to get into town at like 3 AM and decided tat since I hadnt watched MTV or listened to the radio since I put the computer in, I'd see what was on. There was this kickarse guitar intro, and I said "hey, that looks like a POD shirt that guy is wearing."

Then the song info came on and I was like WTF is this? I started to change the channel, but decided to listen to it anyway, and I thought it was really nifty.

If you guys look for it online, make sure you get the POD remix, because the original version (which I accidentally downloaded) has accordians instead of guitars, and it sucks ***
            Debt as of 1/1/05: $34,354.48
            Debt as of July 4, 2007: $0.00 explanation
            I'M DEBT FREE!!
            I'm now a reasonably successful gunblogger.

Comment

The most addictive song right now for me is "Muneca" by Midnight Creeperz. It's on a compilation CD called "Brazilectro Session 2", but check it out if you can find it.
              Don't Click

Comment

Windowlicker by Aphex Twin - Absolute quality, but it needs more than one listen. Be sure to check out the vid 4 a real treat.
                My Setup

Comment

Global Fussball OK

Hmm maybe I should be a local patriot for a while

"Tyskarna från Lund" with their contribution to the world cup in soccer.... Global Fussball OK

Where they got their inspiration from...Kraftwerk?

/Jaktis

Comment

Not to go off topic I may have missed someone elses comments but MikeHunt79 that avatar is so disturbing and yet interesting... lol I mean is it a man with breasts or a woman with facial hair...lol

Anyway it is definately funny to show people and see their first reaction of Man look at her ... and then the realization of the face!
                    Josh Karger
                    By reading this post you agree to overlook all grammatical, spelling, and typographical errors! ;)

Comment

Knee Deep - Nassau Rules...... now that is house musik!!

that has to be my FAVE at the moment...
                      Project - GAME OVER :(

Comment

The Static X song is alright, not really my thing though... I prefer stuff like Deftones, Tool & SOAD. I Really like the Nappy Roots remix... much better than the original. Also, that global fussball ok is wierder than stefan raab, imo!

CaffineAddict: It is very strange, isn`t it?Anyway, here it is, full size (to which my song choice strangely relates). If you wanna see more, see if you can get hold of the video to windowlicker (kazaa?), it actually stars that thing in my avatar.
                        My Setup

Comment

eww....I suppose I will suggest the song for July 5th. How's about this:

Bring the Pain by Mindless Self Indulgence.

Its a remake of the old Wu Tang song of the same name except Mindless makes it good. MSI is the future of Techno-Punk. If you dig Atari Teenage Riot, Pitchshifter, or EC8OR you will like these guys. Their Frankenstein Girls CD never stops spinning in my CD player. I love that CD.

BTW - Aphex Twin is some kind of God. No human can make such awesome music.

JustAGuy

Comment

Aphex Twin rules well their clips do... think MikeHunt79 avator is disturbing, you should check frames from their clip "Come to Daddy"..

Damn I was hoping to capture a few frames, but the cd it's on is wrecked
                            If at first you don't succeed.........
                            destroy all evidence you tried

for info on t6369c LCD or Presslab's powersupply check:
                            http://www.namms.tk <=updated!!

Comment

I love all music really..

My roots are in rock in roll, my heart is in punk rock
                              Some times (more often lately) I'm really in the mood for club/dance/techno type music
                              I went to an inner city school, so rap and R&B are nostalgic and enjoyable
                              I'm known to throw on the classical now and again
                              and I really love celtic music.. Irish, Scottish folk and bagpipe stuff

Song of the Day: "the Paddy Set" by Seven Nations

If you can track it down... It's very interesting.. It starts off with just bagpipes and some back round shouting then suddenly it bursts into hard rock with the bagpipes still going .. It really gets me fired up, especially when I'm driving (If this at all interests you I know a few decent Bagpipe Punk/Rock bands.. This song is actually very out of character for Seven Nations which is more mellow usually)

Next Up: "Burning up for you" from the Initial D soundtrack

Initial D is an anime about an unlikely hero in the local street racing community.. I thought I would hate it, I thought I would hate the music... This series is DAMN infections and so is the music.. I don't think I've gone a week in the past year that I haven't listened to songs off this sound track.

On the way in today: "It was a good day" by Ice Cube

On the way in to work today "It was a good day" came up on the radio... I've got to say, it really improved my morning after waking up and everything was a bit difficult (I fell asleep on my hardwood floor while watching tv last night *ouch*)

... actually I could sit here listing songs all day.. but I think I'll stop now..
                              aka Kumaneko
                              "Don't make me moderate your ***!"
                              Maxima of Doom - project thread - photo gallery
                              mp3car system is currently FUBAR and finances do not allow for a correction of that situation
                              Real computer hackers use a rotary cutting tool on their motherboard.

Comment

Working...
                              X