Oh S**T, Broken Remote

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh S**T, Broken Remote

I have shaved door handles and my remote is broken. I bought it this way (shaved). In my opinion there should be an Oh S**T button But I cannot find it anywhere (don't know what I am looking for).

To compound the the problem my alarm/unlock remote is broken as well. Not a big, I can get it from Autopage for $40.00. Where in the heck do you get a replacement remote for the door popper thingy.

I did not buy it because it was slick, I bought it because it was cheap (the truck). Dealer couldn't sell it So I paid $12,000 for an $18,000 truck.

Anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated

Moved to off Topic.

You're really in the wrong forums for this issue. We're all about putting computers in our rides, and that's what this forum is all about.

Someone might be able to help you out, though.
    And, I believe the door poppers are usually triggered by an alarm system of some sort.
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

crap

crap

Comment

we had a customer car in just yesterday with shaved locks. We locked the doors with the remote and then found out his locks wouldnt unlock. It took a while to open the trunk and climb through be thats how we had to do it. Wont help much with a truck unless you have a walkthrough!
        2005 Ford Focus ST

Comment

find the remote and make 6k.
          I GIVE FREE HUGS!
          Buy Sell or Trade
          If my pm box is full, please feel free to call me any time. 440-328-3382
          Thank you
          Forex
          Rate Mp3car @ FXroot.com

Comment

Usually there is a backup button. Below the door it pops open. The shaved door kits always come with one. Whether or not the installer actually used it or not, who knows.

And you don't have a backup remote? Is the remote physically broken, or just out of batteries?
            Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
            1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
            30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
            15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
            Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Go here: http://www.the12volt.com/

They can probably help you better.
              Those door poppers are cheap so the remotes should be as well.

You can also try here: http://www.airbagit-store.com/product_list.asp?id=1569
              call them, they should be able to help too.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity View Post
                Go here: http://www.the12volt.com/

They can probably help you better.
                Those door poppers are cheap so the remotes should be as well.

You can also try here: http://www.airbagit-store.com/product_list.asp?id=1569
                call them, they should be able to help too.
                only problem is that there is only 1 remote and it is not functional, then there is no way to soft program another remote.
                Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
                1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
                30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
                15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
                Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Right, but the OP said the remote is broken, so he needs to replace it anyway.
                  A slim jim will gain entry into the vehicle, if not he should call a bone yard and see which window is the cheapest, then locate suitable sized rock........

Comment

I got a hammer you can borrow.

ODYSSEY

Originally posted by Tidder
                    Hey, as long as it's not any particular race I'm offending, I can stand to be a pedophile.
                    All information expressed in this post is my opinion, and should not be regarded as a statement of fact.
                    Digital-Car UK|

(\__/)
                    (='.'=)
                    (")_(")

Comment

Working...
                    X