• Skyline GT-R on eBay!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=1841576301
    [SIZE=1]'91 Nissan Stanza

[XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX] XX% Completed -
    Car Totaled and i bought a 20G mp3 player

http://machs-fuel.tk
    a DIY video projector page

I'd rather have an R-34 GT-R Spec V.

Whats the big deal anyway, you can buy them from MotorEX (www.moterex.net www.skylinegtr.com) and they are US Legal if bought through them.
    24 y/o w/ Silver/Red
    2000 Honda S2000

http://www.squeezer.net

Comment

Man.. I'd love to get my hands on one of those..
      aka Kumaneko
      "Don't make me moderate your ***!"
      Maxima of Doom - project thread - photo gallery
      mp3car system is currently FUBAR and finances do not allow for a correction of that situation
      Real computer hackers use a rotary cutting tool on their motherboard.

Comment

okay, so you all know I am looking for a new car, right?

I have 2 freinds that are engineers for Nissan, so I can get 4.3% below invoice on any new Nissan or Infiniti. So I went to the Nissan dealership in Nashville and picked out a nice 2002 Sentra GXE because I can afford that.

Then I went back the next day to see what they would give me for my truck as a trade-in. I parked next to a 2002 SE-R Spec V.

Dammit. It's only like $2500 more than the GXE. So I Took it for a test drive.

Double Dammit.

If the dealership hadnt tried to dick me in every form possible, I'd have one right now--but they wanted me to end up paying $24000 for a car whose invoice is 15,360. Um, no.
        Debt as of 1/1/05: $34,354.48
        Debt as of July 4, 2007: $0.00 explanation
        I'M DEBT FREE!!
        I'm now a reasonably successful gunblogger.

Comment

I think for the 38 grand that it's going for right now I would rather go for a nice european sports car. No offense to anyone, but it doesn't even look THAT good.

BEN

Comment

My personal dream car is a Porsche 911 with an s2000 engine and tranny.
            Clarion 200watt head unit w/ Aux in.
            Kicker 800watt 4 channel amp
            In a 96 Grand Prix SE.

Comment

Originally posted by lstrunk
              why do you want to swap the six cylinder for a four with 240hp..
              the 6 can be souped-up more..
              or am i missing something ?

greetz
              Raas - The Netherlands
              ME: VIA epia m10000, lilliput 7', opus 150w, 80gb<br>
              GF: IBM Thinkpad 380, ext. 3.5 80gb, 40x4, PB-IR

Comment

It WILL be mine..... It WILL be mine..... Man, i`d love a skyline, but i`m too young to even get insured on one at the moment.
                My Setup

Comment

I've never understood the appeal of those cars. Sure, 400 HP sounds impressive, but it's really missing one thing: style. I mean, I could build a 400 HP Chrysler Aries K...But it still looks like a Maxima...
                  Player: Pentium 166MMX, Amptron 598LMR MB w/onboard Sound, Video, LAN, 10.2 Gig Fujitsu Laptop HD, Arise 865 DC-DC Converter, Lexan Case, Custom Software w/Voice Interface, MS Access Based Playlists
                  Car: 1986 Mazda RX-7 Turbo (highly modded), 1978 RX-7 Beater (Dead, parting out), 2001 Honda Insight
                  "If one more body-kitted, cut-spring-lowered, farty-exhausted Civic revs on me at an intersection, I swear I'm going to get out of my car and cram their ridiculous double-decker aluminium wing firmly up their rump."

Comment

what kind of idiot would put an s2000 motor in a porashe? that motor and tranny are terrible. I have a friend that is a honda tech and his main job is rebuilding s2k trannys becasue they blow out ALL THE TIME and that motor is at its max don't expect to get over 400hp with that thing period even after turbo / s/c without completly rebuilding the motor but either way its still a 4 banger and has no low end pull.....

-ryan
                    -- WireSix, Inc. --
                    MP3Car Lives Here!

Comment

Originally posted by techm3
                      what kind of idiot would put an s2000 motor in a porashe? that motor and tranny are terrible. I have a friend that is a honda tech and his main job is rebuilding s2k trannys becasue they blow out ALL THE TIME and that motor is at its max don't expect to get over 400hp with that thing period even after turbo / s/c without completly rebuilding the motor but either way its still a 4 banger and has no low end pull.....

-ryan
                      So can you name me any other 2.0 4cyl engine that doesn't used forged internals that can make over 400HP with a turbo? I can't. But people with comptech superchargers are putting down 340HP at the wheels...with 15% drivetrain loss that is exactly 400 HP at the crank. Don't believe me? http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php Lets not forget that the S2000 has 11.1:1 compression from the factory, and they are putting 8lbs of boost to it. with a comptech supercharger, and the engine is taking it fine.

Yes you wouldn't put a S2k engine and tranny in a porsche because of the weight of the porsche. Whats so bad about the engine or tranny? The only thing wrong with the tranny was poorly designed dampening springs on the 1st clutch, which has been fixed and Honda will replace free of charge under a TSB.
                      24 y/o w/ Silver/Red
                      2000 Honda S2000

http://www.squeezer.net

Comment

I'm not a honda fan or a porsche fan, but I'd have to agree, what idiot would put a S2000 engine into a Porsche 911? It's like a total downgrade... you can get a 911 turbo with like way over 400 hp to the wheels, why would you swap that out with a 240 hp S2000 engine?

Comment

Originally posted by Zakabog
                          I'm not a honda fan or a porsche fan, but I'd have to agree, what idiot would put a S2000 engine into a Porsche 911? It's like a total downgrade... you can get a 911 turbo with like way over 400 hp to the wheels, why would you swap that out with a 240 hp S2000 engine?

Hehe...coming from someone who dug up a 2 year old thread Cant say I disagree though, it isnt even about the engine swap, its all about brand loyalty and putting anything but a porche in a porche is a slap in the face of old Ferdinand.
                          2005 Ford Focus ST

Comment

holy old post batman...

and yes... putting a honda engine in a porsche is nothing short of blasphemy. in fact, it pretty much deserves a swift kick in the nuts.

one more thing, HP doesnt matter if you dont have the torque to get the car going...

~Mike
                            Single Member of the "1000 Post and No MP3 Car" Club
                            PROJECT ON INDEFINATE HOLD... BOUGHT A HOUSE
                            2000 Cavalier Z24 [###-------] Only 30% Done ... Still

Comment

Originally posted by lstrunk
                              and IT began
                              Danny.

"If today was perfect, there would be no need for tomorrow."
                              My Car Project® ‹== !10.4" Allbrite, touchscreen, epia, 150opus, gps, wireless, sony remote [old] 128x64 Crystalfontz +double din [new]

Comment

Working...
                              X