2002 mitsubishi montero

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2002 mitsubishi montero

Well guys this project has been working for about 6 months now, and 100% stable; you see... this was supposed to be a test but because it has worked so well I'm going to call it finished you will see it when you get to the under driver seat pink Barbie doll box from my niece (computer), remember; this was supposed to be a test.
    I had not posted any pics before because my camera for some reason (the wife) lend it to (my mother in law)... Ouch...

This is a lomita motherboard from a emachines desktop with a 1.2ghz celeron cpu, 384mb pc133, M2-ATX psu, 40gb desktop Hard drive, cheap (SUPER) 7 inch lcd from ebay (pretty decent monitor let me add), holux 213 using mappoint 2006, SIMPLISTIQUE RED SKIN, A VARIANT FROM THE ORIGINAL, which a altered in PHOTO SHOP and windows xp pro full.

Check the full gallery and video here is the link:

http://s153.photobucket.com/albums/s231/popi79/

Let me know what do you think...

Cheers.
    Attached Files
    "Most of the users you'll see in this site are still learning specially me"

That was the perfect Din slot for you monitor , looks nice

Comment

I liked your install, the screen looks very good and it is in a nice position in my opinion. Too bad I canīt have that in my Mitsu (itīs a Lancer). The pink case if itīs out of sight I wouldnīt mind either, but I would find some time to at least give it a paint.

Would you mind pm me with the ebay vendor link?

Comment

pink box...

Yes you're definitely right but because it has worked so well Im afraid when changing cases things wont be the same remember the old saying';

IF IT IS NOT BROKEN DON'T FIX IT...

but thanks a lot for looking...

Cheers.

Comment

monitor

Originally posted by Super_dave View Post
          That was the perfect Din slot for you monitor , looks nice
          yes the monitor screen is a perfect fit for the din opening, because this montero is not limited it doesn't have the luxury information center, next in the plain will be integrate OBDII so I will have almost the same information.

About the monitor this is a cheap one from ebay I think the store name is eonon and it was like $169.00 shipped, colors are good and day time viewing will surprise you for the price...

Cheers...

Comment

monitor vendor

Originally posted by BloodyRootsSP View Post
            I liked your install, the screen looks very good and it is in a nice position in my opinion. Too bad I canīt have that in my Mitsu (itīs a Lancer). The pink case if itīs out of sight I wouldnīt mind either, but I would find some time to at least give it a paint.

Would you mind pm me with the ebay vendor link?
            here is the link to the monitor vendor.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/294-7...89572661QQrdZ1

Comment

Started the OBD-II Implementation

Started the OBD-II Implementation slowly but it will be there... I replaced the tv button for the obd-II because I dont use tv and it's not in the plans of this project in the near future...

Here is the pic.

Cheers.
              Attached Files

Comment

Compliments you have done a beautiful job. integrated monitor very well

Hi Asterix1965

Comment

hi, did you choose which obdII scanner you're going to install?
                  Regards
                  VIA EN15000 C7 // CTF700 7" Screen // Morex 3688 Black Case
                  M2-ATX // 80GB HD
                  DVD-RW // PowerMate
                  Belkin Bluetooth V1.2 // Hauppauge WinTV FM

Centrafuse RC5

JBL GTO 75.4 520W // Pionneer Kevlar 260w Speakers

Comment

elmscan 5

elmscan 5 using the serial port, it just works right...

Cheers...

Comment

looks very good, i don't understand why you would want to extend your faceplate. could you explain it a bit? how about putting a second monitor where the cd player is for you obd II?
                      1998 Camaro Worklog Starting over, New setup for 2010

Comment

I like the placement of the moniter. Very factory looking. Nice work.

Comment

Nice install, popi79. I have the 2001 montero and planning to install my carpc soon. Here is my question: where did you get the trim that goes around your stereo?

Comment

Hey!

I made it myself with plastic notebook cover.
                            note in the second pic that at the lower left corner there is something black that says twin pocket, thats the plastic material I'm talking about.

Cheers.

Comment

Very clean install, I like the OEM look. That screen looks really good too. Unfortunately I don't think that guy is selling anymore. I saw his store and it looked like he had a few 8" but no 7", bummer...

Comment

Working...
                              X