Audio: SB Audigy 2
    GPS: BU-353 & iGuidance 4
    Frontend: Roadrunner (DFX 3 & 4)

Comment

how big is that lcd? is it touchscreen?

Comment

it's a 8in lcd, widescreen and it is touchscreen

Comment

Where is your computer? what kind of monitor is that??
          08 Lincoln Navigator www.mobiteklink.com

Comment

Originally posted by MobiTekLink View Post
            Where is your computer? what kind of monitor is that??
            I'm taking a wild stab in the dark here but this is the monitor he's using.

Comment

Looks good!

Now clean up the car!

Congrats on getting it in there.
              Jan Bennett
              FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Thanks for all the comments!

In the picture you might be able to make out my black VoomPC case in the passenger footwell...but since taking the picture I moved it under the passenger seat.

And the monitor I'm using is the one Espresso pointed out.

Comment

nice install man! I'm about to start mine also with my 99 acura tl, can you tell me more info on how you mount your lcd, did you use the metra kit and fabricated it? and does acura tl comes with factory amp?

Comment

Originally posted by zyr55 View Post
                    nice install man! I'm about to start mine also with my 99 acura tl, can you tell me more info on how you mount your lcd, did you use the metra kit and fabricated it? and does acura tl comes with factory amp?

I have some production pictures somewhere, I'll try to find them. The LCD came with a head rest mount; I fused that with a metra kit. The hardest part was moving the headunit down. I had to dremal the console piece and used bondo to make everything hold.

Acura comes with a factory amp for the subwoffer only. The HU powers the speakers

Comment

Very nice and clean install. I might attempt to do something like that with my TL.

Comment

very awesome. i have the same car but lack the fabrication skills. obviously a tech noob but is there anywhere i can purchase what you fabricated for the screen? does anyone make that on this forum for 2nd gen tl's that i can buy off? is that what a metra kit is?

Comment

any advice on how to fuse the metra kit with the headrest mount? sounds sorta difficult? any quick or in depth pointers would be more than appreciated

Comment

I'm an Electrical Engineer....so the tech stuff comes easy for me too. I never worked with bondo, but conceptually I know how it works and how I should use it.

First and far most...bondo is a FILLER not an EPOXY or ADHESIVE. I used Metra kit and dremeled out the center until I could slide the headrest mount through. You want to use some sort of plastic type of epoxy to attach the headrest mount to the metra kit. Use bondo to over fill in the gap. Sand it down. Repeat until you are happy (I must have repeated this process about 20 times....you could practice on scrap material). If you want to temporary hold things together, I use "multi-temp" glue sticks....about $2 from walmart. It;s strongs...bond well to plastics. Get a wide range of sand paper, from 100 to 1200 to save you time from sanding too much.

It's not too hard once you start it. I'll try to get pics up within a couple day.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X