X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honda Pilot 2005 Model

Before starting my project - Dec. 2006
    Attached Files

First attempt: using DWW-6500 as my monitor and Lilliput TC-1000 as my CarPc
    Attached Files

Comment

Fall back as a result of faulty head unit (Radio didn't work on my Dww-6500 unit - Driving like this for 2 months..
      Attached Files

Comment

Plan B, Buying a Lilliput monitor in ebay, "destroying" my Radio Bezel and not doing the cleanest work but - have a monitor built in.
        Attached Files

Comment

Installing the monitor in the car
          Attached Files

Comment

Moving the head unit down
            Attached Files

Comment

The full installation
              Attached Files

Comment

The computer (not the best place) - but willing to get better suggestions
                Attached Files

Comment

At night (Using Road Runner and Digital FX (http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/rr-s...-released.html) - credit to these 2 guys who developed it !!!
                  Attached Files

Comment

Ooops - Almost forgot ...The GPS
                    Attached Files

Comment

Another picture
                      Attached Files

Comment

Summary

I'm OK with computers (not an expert, but good enough to install a new computer from scratch (including HW) ).
                        I never installed a head unit by myself in my car, before this project.. .
                        I have learned a lot from you guys and I'm sure my next project will be better.
                        I got great help from my Boss in the office - (good to have such a manger !
                        I scratched my dash, I didn't cut the Bezel straight (while I installed my monitor)

But... I have a running computer in my car
                        Attached Files

Comment

Looks good, and the fact that it works is even better. Perhaps it needs a bit of refinement, but it looks like you know what you are doing. How is the screen readability in the sun?
                          Mike M
                          2006 Accord VP Sedan

My worklog
                          http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/work...-dads-car.html

Comment

that angle must be impossible to use in the sun.. i'd take it out of hte bezel and build a mount that would allow the monitor to sit straight up instead of leaned back.
                            mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
                            Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
                            Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

Originally posted by mwmcginn View Post
                              Looks good, and the fact that it works is even better. Perhaps it needs a bit of refinement, but it looks like you know what you are doing. How is the screen readability in the sun?
                              Hey mwmcginn, The screen readability in the sun is bad .
                              Giving a score of 1 to 10 (scale), I will say during the night - the score is 10, During a cloudy day - the score is 7-8, at day time - while the sun is not impacting the screen directly the grade is 6-7. Having a direct sun light impacting the screen - the grade is ~ 3.
                              While I must admit that direct sun light has a bad influence on the screen’s visibility (as I gave a score of 3), it still some how manageable and I can see the GPS screen or navigate between songs. Not the best, but...

Originally posted by Sonicxtacy02 View Post
                              that angle must be impossible to use in the sun..
                              Impossible (too extreme), bad - yes.

Originally posted by Sonicxtacy02 View Post
                              ... i'd take it out of hte bezel and build a mount that would allow the monitor to sit straight up instead of leaned back.
                              I have looked at the OEM Navigation system in Honda Pilot (as provided by the company). The angle is the same as mine; I assume the brightness of their screen is better.
                              BTW while I used the DWW-6500, the screen was installed at the same angle, but the brightness was better. So I assume that with a better monitor it may work better.

Comment

Working...
                              X