2JZGTE "family car"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2JZGTE "family car"

lets start off with the pics of the vehicle in Japan!!!

then, finally, the car arrived in Australia, I went and picked her up, and parked her in the driveway...

Comment

and then, ofcourse, the damages started to become apparent, that I was never told about...

Comment

but, the show must go on!!! so, I stuck the rims on it, which I bought for the car... some people love them, some like them, some hate them, what about you?

photo shopped lower, this is about the ride height I'll be aiming for when I get the aftermarket suspension... also looking at a body kit, to replace the damaged bumpers...

CHEERS FOR READING/LOOKING AT THE PICS!!!

Comment

there's always a special spot in my heart for toyotas.... that thing is just freaking cool. I like the rims... but i agree with you, that thing's gotta lose a few inches in ride height... you shouldn't ever have to see the tops of the tires ;-)
          Et ipsa scientia potestas est.

Worklog for my 2007 Civic Si ...f*** it...
          Pictures of the Corolla (retired)here
          Need to make something? Here are a few ideas.

Comment

you imported the car from japan? how's the tax, title etc?
            dsatx in voompc 2 case <HERE>

Comment

Originally posted by skuller View Post
              you imported the car from japan? how's the tax, title etc?
              total cost of the car, landed in Australia, complied, to meet Australian design rules, registered, and on the road, was around $AU10,000... which is around $US8300...

the rims, I got second hand, for $AU800 with tyres new, they would have been $2100 WITHOUT tyres!

Comment

no body kit, go with a smooth lined lip kit. Or some people prefer the VIP style... not my personal favorite, but some cars look good with it. Not a fan of the wheels, possibly because of the 4x4 look right now.

The aristo has the 2JZ? didn't know that :x oh, and some of that damage could have been from the shipping, you never know. But most of it looks like the seller just didn't tell you about it

Comment

Originally posted by WarX View Post
                  no body kit, go with a smooth lined lip kit. Or some people prefer the VIP style... not my personal favorite, but some cars look good with it. Not a fan of the wheels, possibly because of the 4x4 look right now.

The aristo has the 2JZ? didn't know that :x oh, and some of that damage could have been from the shipping, you never know. But most of it looks like the seller just didn't tell you about it
                  no, I insist, it needs a kit...

http://www.prestigemotorsport.com.au....php?fileid=66

Comment

hmm, that's not that bad of a kit actually, as long as it's not an aggressive body kit that takes away from the lines of the car then it's definitely okay in my book. Just don't like that exhaust

Comment

Nice sleeper. I personally like the wheels. After you lower the ride height, it will look great.
                      Unfortunately imports cars get easily damaged. My first car was an import mazda 323. I was forever finding little things wrong when I first got it. Just the way things are I suppose.
                      Never let the truth get in the way of a good story

Comment

hmm, that's not that bad of a kit actually, as long as it's not an aggressive body kit that takes away from the lines of the car then it's definitely okay in my book. Just don't like that exhaust
                        yeah, I dont like that either.

was considering two oval tips, one each side, but decided on these rear mufflers:

http://www.powerproexhaust.com/photo...5/DSC00856.JPG

one per side, ofcourse

just ordered the intercooler this morning

mufflers for the full exhaust system will be ordered soon aswell!

went out drag racing last night...

car did alright... got beaten by most other turbo cars, but then, mine is completely stock, and weighed 200 - 400kgs more than theirs! lol

Comment

bleh, before you do that, you should definitely get it lowered

Comment

bleh, before you do that, you should definitely get it lowered
                            nah, I'm going with performance before appearance...

the $1300 I'm looking to spend on coilovers pays for the intercooler kit, plus the parts for the exhaust...

Comment

TADA!!!

really need to clean the door trims, anyone got any good suggestions?

Comment

Working...
                              X