'07 350Z Install

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '07 350Z Install

Details(From what I can remember, PC was built for another car 2 years ago+ a couple recent upgrades):

AMD Duron 1.8 gig
    DSATX 220 watt Power Supply
    512 MB Ram
    30 gig HD
    Liliput Touchscreen
    BU-353 GPS receiver
    Digimoto OBD-II Diagnostics(mOByDic chip)
    RoadRunner with CrystalBlue skin
    WiFi
    M-Audio Sound Card
    Pioneer DEH-P7700MP
    Windows XP Pro

Can't really think of much else. And incase you are wondering about the picture looking through the back window, under the piece of plastic on the left in the car is where the BU-353 is located. Through the plastic and through the glass and I get 7-8 satelites every time. GREAT receiver. Better than my BU-303 I had in my first install that had to be outside.

Car:

CarPC:

Comment

Comment

Very nice

Wow, that 350 is pretty!

Any custom work to the engine?
        F6 Tornado Project Log ; HP Blackbird Watercooled Server

Beta Tester for Centrafuse and 3dConnexion (No business affiliation with either)

Comment

Wow.. nice car!!
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(") mine.

Comment

sweet setup... and fk'n nice ride. I LOVE that blue!!

Comment

Thanks guys. And no there are no engine mods yet. I only have springs, sways, wheels, and the carPC currently. There are not any mods out for the HR engine yet since 80% of the engine has been changed from the 03-06 Zs.

Comment

wait, what HR engine? ;x thats odd, i didn't think they changed much between the VQ motors... weirddd...

Nice ride, i love the wheels + carPC i can't wait for my 240 to look that clean

*Edit*
                Googled the VQ35HR, interesting design i thought you meant you had the NEWEST version of the VQ, supercharged. lol, sorry, i was gonna get all excited those don't get released till next year i believe w/ an estimated 380chp... i think *dunno*

Comment

damn, nice car and nice install.
                  2002 Acura RSX CarPC Worklog
                  Current CarPC Expenses

Comment

Nice, you might be the first 07 Z CarPC install!

As for the engine mods on the VQ35HR, don't worry, they're coming! Since the Skyline engine will have the same block, just with forced induction, it should be an relatively easy fit to put some sort of F/I on the VQ35HQ. And it certainly is a sweet engine; when I drive my wife's 07 G35x sedan, I can tell it is a nice ride! Doesn't beat my JWT TT G35, though....

Dave
                    2005 Infiniti G35 6MT Coupe Black/Black
                    Core Duo CarPC
                    CarDomain page

Comment

Yeah, have you seen the post by Shariff at Forged Internals? A customer let him, just for the hell of it, tear the engine down on his brand new Z roadster. The only thing left on the engine currently are the heads and the rotating assembly. They said it is a much more potent and stout engine. And they said it apears they left room for turbos to be bolted up...so this may be an easy engine to boost. I actually traded in my '05 for the '07 just for this reason lol.

http://www.my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=264844

Comment

That is one of the points of the HR, that it is already a more solid block, stronger than older VQ35. Also, it already has twin intakes! Sweet!

Dave
                        2005 Infiniti G35 6MT Coupe Black/Black
                        Core Duo CarPC
                        CarDomain page

Comment

Yeah, can't wait to see what companies come out with for this car. Test pipe and an exhaust put 18 extra HP to the wheels. That is a LOT more than those same mods did to a DE.

Comment

Dammmmmmm ... sweet car and setup.
                            2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
                            89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
                            Y2K Accord Dell GX150
                            RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
                            EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

nice install!! congrats on the first 07 350z carPC
                              CarPC

Comment

Working...
                              X