No announcement yet.

Dodge Neon 2001 Carputer (updated with pics)

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dodge Neon 2001 Carputer (updated with pics)

About 1 year ago...... finally..... you can see my final work here:

Thanks all mp3car staff, users, and people for do it posible. THANKS GUINO!!!

I live in mexico city maybe im the only with carputer here.

Your carputer is awesome, love the video. Muy bueno patron.

Pics of my work

My Actual system:

Procesor: P4 2.2Ghz
      Mobo: Dell optiplex
      Power: M2atx
      GPS: generic usb
      Video: Lilliput
      Skin: Personal skin with RoadRunner
      RAM: 512
      Carputer Box: Custom in trunk (soon pictures)
      DVD: DVD /cd-rw USB in trunk for the moment
      HD: 120Gb SATA
      TV & Radio Tunner: WinTV Card, Logitech Webcam as reverse cam, Mouse and Keyboard wireless, Bluetooth, Wifii USB, Joypad Wireless.
      Internet: Wireless 512Mbps
      Audio: Soundstream Stereo with Amp JBL and Woofer 12'' Kicker.

etc etc etc etc etc......

Ok, here the pictures of my work:

The car is dodge neon 2001 with bodykit airdesign and some things of SRT-4.

Here is the car:

Here is the original dash:

My 2007 actual actual dash with primary paint:

My Personal Skin:

See youtube video:

******2005******* simple no vga screen with stereo with dvd

In 2005 i dont have lilliput and i use standart screen..... for wash videos only, I start the work and here are my first mod to my dash in july of 2005:

******** 2006 january ********* lilliput and slow and old epia1000

One year ago, in 2006 i buy lilliput on mp3car, and epia1000, and i restart the work, here the parts:

I cut again my dash... and start the work for my lilliput, my old not vga screen are not 7''..... and i need start again with the work:

This my first carputer box for my old and slow epia1000:

There are the final 2006 dash work:

( I dont like my 2006 dash work.....)

******** 2007 january ********* renew my dash and fast dell p4 2.2 with FAST windows startup, and fast google earth
      Ok here are the final work, with primary paint.... maybe in this week i paint, a dont know if paint black or silver... if i paint silver i have fear of stolen my carputer.

Soon i update pics of my new custon box and the final paint of my dash..............

I'm confused for paint of my dash...... if i paint silver as my car i get nice dash..... but i live in mexico city and i have fear of stolen my carputer.

Or black......... but i spend many time and work for little details and with black paint i loss the details.

Better to not have it stolen so paint it black.

black looks better in your dash anyways, and it's less likely to get stolen.
            2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser TE
            Car PC Progress:
            Planning.......[---------X-] 95%
            Parts...........[---------X-] 90%
            Fabrication...[---------X-] 90%
            RR Skin........[---------X-] 95%
            View my
            Road Runner Skins
            Favorite thread EVER!

YES, black is the color...... now i dont know if leave buttons or quit. they are useful but dont like... i dont know i dont know....

Nice fab , I would fill in the gab at the bottom to make it look more stock

Originally posted by Super_dave View Post
                  Nice fab , I would fill in the gab at the bottom to make it look more stock
                  Yes.... but my climate controls are not electrical and they are very hard to relocate..

New laws in mexico are not have lcd screen in cars... maybe i design some screen with car and fuctions same clock. doors, or some and i can say to the office man that the screen is stock with the car...... my carputer is now ilegaly