Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2007 350z Installed!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 2007 350z Installed!

    Finished this up a few weeks ago, but never got around to posting it.

    Basically I ripped out all the computer parts from my old setup in my RSX and put them in the Z. The goal as always is to make it look stock. I'll soon have the stock nav buttons operating basic functions of the computer.

    **UPDATE** I finally have the stock navi buttons functioning with the computer, they are mapped to do common things such as next track, previous track etc.

    Car:

    2007 Nissan 350z
    Magnetic Black

    Hardware:

    80gb HD
    512mb Ram
    Xenarc 700TSV
    Carnetix 2140
    USB Hub
    Various Wires..
    GPS BU-353
    XMD with custom cable


    Software:

    Windows XP Pro
    Shotgun! - Custom Front End, written by me.
    Iguidance 3.1
    Lots of fruity Dance Music

    Basic Process:

    Replaced Stock Headunit with a Pioneer 9800-BT
    Mount Screen to 07 Nav Cubby
    Run wires (battery, ground, ignition, switches, sound, video, and misc)

    Features:

    Audio, Video, DVD, GPS, XM, Internet via Sprint Card and more!

    Pics:

    The Car:







    The Computer:





















    More to come

    The install was done at my newly opened shop, Driven Dynamics located in Rockville, MD. www.drivendynamics.com
    Shotgun! - An Advanced CarPC Software Solution!

  • #2
    Looks like ***....
    Shotgun! - An Advanced CarPC Software Solution!

    Comment


    • #3
      nice g-games 77w. im thinking of replacing my volks with those on my 3.

      the install looks great too.

      loving it!!
      2008.5 White MS3 Sport

      Cobb Shifter Weight | Cobb SRI | Cobb AP | Cobb Turbo Inlet
      HKS BOV(Recirc) | Defi Boost Gauge| TRZ Tranny Mount| F2 BSD | F2 Oil Baffle

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by the415 View Post
        nice g-games 77w. im thinking of replacing my volks with those on my 3.

        the install looks great too.

        loving it!!
        Those are Volk GT-S not G-games.
        Shotgun! - An Advanced CarPC Software Solution!

        Comment


        • #5
          oh ok...they look similar.
          2008.5 White MS3 Sport

          Cobb Shifter Weight | Cobb SRI | Cobb AP | Cobb Turbo Inlet
          HKS BOV(Recirc) | Defi Boost Gauge| TRZ Tranny Mount| F2 BSD | F2 Oil Baffle

          Comment


          • #6
            Slick. Good luck on making that instrument panel work, take pics when you do it!
            ---------------------------------------
            2004 350Z Install - Click here to see my install
            Software: Windows XP MCE / Roadrunner / iGuidance 3.0
            Hardware: Asus A7N8X Deluxe / Athlon XP Barton (Underclocked) / 512MB RAM / WD 320GB / Lilliput 629

            Comment


            • #7
              NEAT - it would be awesome if you could use the factory intrument buttons for sure - the ride is looking crazy too -
              VER. 3.0- Check out below:
              .
              車コンピュータ 3.0
              .

              Comment


              • #8
                Thanks for the comments guys, I'm pretty sure I'll have the buttons functional this weekend. However, I'll need to add support for them within the shotgun application which make take slightly longer.
                Shotgun! - An Advanced CarPC Software Solution!

                Comment


                • #9
                  very nice, have you made shotgun public? I'm just curious what it all uses for a media player and how you skin it.
                  1998 Camaro Worklog Starting over, New setup for 2010

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by sporty_drew View Post
                    very nice, have you made shotgun public? I'm just curious what it all uses for a media player and how you skin it.
                    Not yet, Im finishing up a few things with it and cleaning up the code.

                    It uses WMP11 as its engine.
                    Shotgun! - An Advanced CarPC Software Solution!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Saturated_Fat View Post
                      Not yet, Im finishing up a few things with it and cleaning up the code.

                      It uses WMP11 as its engine.
                      nice, why did you choose to go with WMP11 and not winamp? Also is the skinning comparable to that of say, RR? I would really like to try this when you get the code all cleaned up. I like the fact that you arn't using winamp because i don't like it as much as WMP.
                      1998 Camaro Worklog Starting over, New setup for 2010

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by sporty_drew View Post
                        nice, why did you choose to go with WMP11 and not winamp? Also is the skinning comparable to that of say, RR? I would really like to try this when you get the code all cleaned up. I like the fact that you arn't using winamp because i don't like it as much as WMP.
                        I originally was using winamp as the audio engine but found it to be cumbersome, especially with updates to winamp. I found it easier/stabler(is that a word..) to just have everything enclosed within the program instead of making API calls over to another application. Also, you can use wmp for all your media needs: audio, video, dvd.

                        Skinning I havnt implemented fully, I've kinda put it off to the side in an attempt to make a program that looks good in all cars. It does do Night skins .
                        Shotgun! - An Advanced CarPC Software Solution!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Saturated_Fat View Post
                          I originally was using winamp as the audio engine but found it to be cumbersome, especially with updates to winamp. I found it easier/stabler(is that a word..) to just have everything enclosed within the program instead of making API calls over to another application. Also, you can use wmp for all your media needs: audio, video, dvd.

                          Skinning I havnt implemented fully, I've kinda put it off to the side in an attempt to make a program that looks good in all cars. It does do Night skins .
                          I understand why you did it and it sounds great. I'd really can't wait to get my hands on this, i guess i don't need to finish skinning my RR How did you come up with the name for it?
                          1998 Camaro Worklog Starting over, New setup for 2010

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            What kind of head unit is that and where did you get it from??
                            Nice install!!!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Queenambeach View Post
                              What kind of head unit is that and where did you get it from??
                              Nice install!!!
                              Pioneer 9800-BT .
                              Shotgun! - An Advanced CarPC Software Solution!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X