95 Miata, My first carputer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 95 Miata, My first carputer

This is my first post and my first attempt at a PC in my Miata. It took me a few days to get it right but here it is. I used a Dell Inspiron 2100 as the computer, a power on module, and a Boost cell as the modem.
    Attached Files

i imagine you live in an okay area?

i'd be terrified of someone sticking a knife through my soft-top and taking off with the laptop

how's the boost cell connect up? usb?

Comment

I live in a decent area and the laptop is out of sight behind the seat. The Boost phone is connected via USB I got on ebay. Most of the time I place a fake stock face I made to cover the screen and radio.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Fox_Rivers View Post
        I live in a decent area and the laptop is out of sight behind the seat. The Boost phone is connected via USB I got on ebay. Most of the time I place a fake stock face I made to cover the screen and radio.
        oh right on man, the fake face makes it look like there's nothing to see in the car..

and yeah i thought the miata was a 2-seater after i'd already opened my big mouth and posted. :/

Comment

just out of curiosity what is that motorized lcd unit on the top 1-DIN slot? is it custom? I have a miata as well and am trying to build a carputer essentially exactly the same is that.

Comment

Originally posted by Fox_Rivers View Post
            This is my first post and my first attempt at a PC in my Miata. It took me a few days to get it right but here it is. I used a Dell Inspiron 2100 as the computer, a power on module, and a Boost cell as the modem.
            That is the ghettoest install I have ever seen.. hahahahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by Tx_Cat View Post
              That is the ghettoest install I have ever seen.. hahahahahaha
              Aww, come on. Give the guy a break, he did say it was his first carputer install.

Comment

I, for one, think it's great to see more girls getting into CarPC's!

('tis very ghetto tho )

Good on ya Fox!

C
                The Wolf - Winner DC08 'Most Ghetto' Award

Comment

Working...
                X