• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mazda CX-7 2007 Install

This is the car:

Mazda 2007 CX-7

I plan to install the following hardware:
    What I have right now is marked BOLD

(1) 8.4" LCD Touchscreen (still deciding wich brand)
    (2) 7" LCD Touchscreen headrest (still deciding wich brand)
    Multimedia Software (still deciding wich brand)
    AMD 64 2.4GHZ
    4GB DDR RAM
    600 SATA HD
    4 CH DVR PCI CARD
    PCI-Express 256mb Video Card
    4 CCD mini Color Night Vision Cameras (one of them with rear view image)
    USB TV Tuner
    Sprint EVDO USB broadband card (1mb download/ 1mb upload)
    PHILIPS CCD Web Cam for live streaming over EVDO
    USB GPS
    (2) Rockford 10" POWER T1 4-Ohm DVC Subwoofer
    Front Speakers (still deciding wich brand)
    Rear Speakers (still deciding wich brand)
    Amps / Headunit (still deciding wich brand)

Well lets say I love technology I willl put a few more gadgets.

I whant to put 4 CCD Cameras to record all the time as soon I turn car on.
    Plus they can be view it via internet while I'm driving with a software it came with the DVR.

1 on the front windshield with wide angle lens
    1 on the rear bumper with reverse image and wide angle lens
    1 facing the driver seat with clear view of the window
    1 facing the passenger seat with clear view of the window

The PCI DVR card will record at 640x480 @ 30fps in color.

Finally scoche came out with the aftermarket radio bezel that I can modify with the 8.4" lcd.

I'm going to hit ebay for a few items and post the first steps of the install soon

with your speakers, read the writeup from my sig...it might help you refine your search. if you know of anything to add to the list, feel free to add it.

how do you plan on powering your CarPC? with a DC-DC unit, or your home AC-DC PSU and an inverter?

good luck...and welcome
    Trouble deciding on car speakers? Clicky Clicky
    Speakers: DLS Ultimate Iridium 6.3 Link
    Subwoofer: removed
    Amplifier#1 (Front Stage): DLS Ultimate A4
    Amplifier#2 (Sub) removed
    Carputer: Removed for tablet install

Comment

Originally posted by rijndael View Post
      with your speakers, read the writeup from my sig...it might help you refine your search. if you know of anything to add to the list, feel free to add it.

how do you plan on powering your CarPC? with a DC-DC unit, or your home AC-DC PSU and an inverter?

good luck...and welcome
      Well I still need to read more about power supplies because I will need a good DC-DC power supply, I will pulling a lot of watts with all the pc gadgets , the video card alone pulls a lot.

On the speakers I know the sizes I will be using but, it have been several years since I made a good sound system.

Comment

There is no DC-DC power supply that will support that system.

Comment

You maybe able to get away with the 320 but im guessing once you get all those periphreals going and put a semi load on the system you'll have problems.

Comment

why would you say there's no psu capable.. iran all that and more with an m2-atx with little to no problems... the DSATX or the opus 250 would do just fine. and looks like a good setup.. but whats with 4 gig.. there's no way you'd need that in the car
            mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
            Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
            Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

Originally posted by Sonicxtacy02 View Post
              why would you say there's no psu capable.. iran all that and more with an m2-atx with little to no problems... the DSATX or the opus 250 would do just fine. and looks like a good setup.. but whats with 4 gig.. there's no way you'd need that in the car

Hopefully I can find and make work a good dc-dc power supply for it, I have the 4GB already because this setup was used on my old Graphic Arts PC, I upgraded my home desktop with a Pentium core 2 duo and DDR 2 memories etc. My old PC parts have a new home in my CX-7 , Is nice to have 4GB of ram when you're running 4 CH DVR card behind all the other stuff I will be doing with the PC. And I might put Vista Ultimate if I get everything work without driver problems etc. I love the VIDEO BACKGROUND feature.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonicxtacy02 View Post
                Use the power supply calculator, the processor is 89W, the hard drive, each stick of memory, the video card is a killer, plus all those usb devices?

Comment

Originally posted by grimmy311 View Post
                  Use the power supply calculator, the processor is 89W, the hard drive, each stick of memory, the video card is a killer, plus all those usb devices?
                  I think I will be eliminating the video card and use a Motherboard with internal video card.

Comment

Thats what I had to do.

Comment

Mine is way simpler than your design but I used a 400watt inverter in the car with a custom design case which i made to fit the inverter, computer internals, and external USB hub all together. I managed to make 2 extra plug as well to power up any laptop or camcorder while on vacation.
                      The inverter brand is Jenson and I bought one on eBay for $5 and so far it's working great !!!!
                      {Quotes}----------------------------{Quotes}

In theory, theory and practice are the same, but in practice, they never are.

A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality.

Comment

Cx-7

Sounds great. I have exact same vehicle as you, Bose stereo, no Nav unit.
                        Am curious as to where/how you are mounting your LCD monitor in the front.

Comment

love the new mazdas, nice car... good luck with it
                          MY NEWEST INSTALL:modded infiniti fx with big screen

first windows carpc install........my liquid cooled LVDS screen :D

Comment

Originally posted by SCarGo View Post
                            Sounds great. I have exact same vehicle as you, Bose stereo, no Nav unit.
                            Am curious as to where/how you are mounting your LCD monitor in the front.
                            I will replace the radio for a 8" LCD touchscreen. I have enought space there.

I'm going to start building the custom case for the mother board and some other stuff, MAKING THE LIST, checking it twice hehe.

I'm looking on a 9.2 widescreen touchscreen for the dash also but I need more info on the unit.

Comment

Wow, sounds like a great project, would love to see some photos in progress. So you are going to fabricate your own bezel? I wonder if a bezel from a stock NAV unit would work with say an 8" LCD.

Comment

Working...
                              X