Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If he wont show it I will 1999 grand am

http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70448
    Who says Circuit City sux? I molded the screen for him and he took care of the pc side of things....all in all less than a month from drooling over mine to having his own.....way nicer than mine

wow great job!!! im still learning the car puter stuffs.. what software ya running?

Comment

xp with roadrunner

Comment

ok when someone says road runner the first thing that comes to my mind is the internet provider... i guess its a mobile OS??? is this freeware or expesive ware?? and is this the prog that everyone uses to display the car make on the front screen?? like some say ford some say chevy some say honda what ever the case is.. thanks for a little insight!!

Comment

When someone says Road Runner I think of a car...

Road Runner is a freeware front end...a quick search on these forums will show you that we have an entire sub-forum for them.

There are a number of front ends out there, some pay for and some free. You will want to try them out for yourself to see what best fits your needs.
          Jan Bennett
          FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

great job on the car!!! looks stock!!! A+

Comment

When someone says Road Runner I think of a car...toon! Beep beep.
              Laidback

The ultimate CarPC - Wow!

Comment

well fine i guess ill stalk u some more since its my thread:P

Comment

Any chance on selling these molds? I have an 04 GA and would LOVE to have this same thing.
                  Dan

Comment

there wasnt a mold for it...it was just bondoglass and a little bondo with a whole lotta sanding. if you really were interested we might be able to work out some kind of mail order molding kind of thing

Comment

Originally posted by 95rodeo View Post
                      http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70448
                      Who says Circuit City sux? I molded the screen for him and he took care of the pc side of things....all in all less than a month from drooling over mine to having his own.....way nicer than mine
                      I dont get the circuit city reference?

Does the owner of the car? Do you? Or someone involved in the program work there?

Comment

the owner and i are both installers at circuit city

Comment

Originally posted by 95rodeo View Post
                          there wasnt a mold for it...it was just bondoglass and a little bondo with a whole lotta sanding. if you really were interested we might be able to work out some kind of mail order molding kind of thing
                          I certainly am interested. Let's work that out.

If you could give me some tips on the res of the setup I would certainly appreciate that as well. My main question aside from fitting the lcd in the dash proeprly is this:

I have an aftermarket head unit at the moment that uses one of those in-dash chimes to bypass that whole mess.....can I remove the head unit and put an amp somewhere in the dash where I dont need to ever touch it again? I also have an amp/sub combo in the trunk. How do I control that? I'm mainly confused as to how the pc end of it controls the amp side of things....plus how I combine two amps being as I have a sub amp and will certainly need another to replace the head unit amplification....and how all that ties in together. Some of this is just super ignorance I am sure but I just don't grasp it for some reason.....any tips there would be awesome. Thanks so much....please dont let my information request muddy the fact that I CERTAINLY am interested in a mail order molding for sure. Thanks.
                          Dan

Comment

oops i guess i forgot about this thread...if it was my project i would prolly just use the usb amp in the mp3car store for the simple fact of easy install...if you dont know what you are doing a 4 channel amp install can get real ugly and sound like butt. you can use your sub amp off of a computer no problem, just a rca to headphone jack going between the amp and the sound card. if you have more questions i suggest pming me because i tend to forget about these threads

Comment

Working...
                            X