Pictures I promised

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pictures I promised

The USB hub and DVD/CD drive in the center console, I installed a reset switch in the console top for the times when the pc chooses to freeze up or bug out while I'm driving! motorized touchscreen monitor, The PC is mounted in the trunk behind the 3 12" Kicker subs, power cap and 2 amps. I'm using Centrifuse as my front end. I was told that I didnt really need an external sound card for my music to sound good but I notice that my music isnt as loud as it used to be with a regular head unit. My bass isnt as loud too. If there are any suggestions out there please let me know, as you can see I like it LOUD!
    I'm loving the options I have with a pc in the car but I also love my volume level high.
    Proper
    Education
    Always
    Corrects
    Errors

Looks pretty good. Should post it in the "show off your project"
    AtmosUSA.biz, E-Cig Mods
    "A great smoking alternative"

Comment

Where did you get that switch with the led. I have one that I used on another project, but not sure where I got it from. Had it for years.

2006 Mazda 3
      Behringer DCX-2496
      JL300/4 Focal 6W4311B Focal TN52
      JL500/1 JL10w6v2

Comment

thread moved.
        Jan Bennett
        FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Originally posted by RedGTiVR6 View Post
          thread moved.
          Yeah i realized that! Thought I was bugging out!
          Proper
          Education
          Always
          Corrects
          Errors

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis5587 View Post
            Where did you get that switch with the led. I have one that I used on another project, but not sure where I got it from. Had it for years.
            I have no idea where it originally came from. The person who sold me the car had it connected to some fog light he installed. When I disconnected the lights I kept the switch (never know when you'll need a switch!) and 3 years later I founf use for it.
            Proper
            Education
            Always
            Corrects
            Errors

Comment

lol, so basically my problem also. No on know's where they come from, but everyone seems to have a couple.

2006 Mazda 3
              Behringer DCX-2496
              JL300/4 Focal 6W4311B Focal TN52
              JL500/1 JL10w6v2

Comment

im almost positive i got a switch like that from shucks (kragen, checker) auto supply a couple years ago...

Comment

here in nebraska they got the led switches with a cover for like $4-5 at radio shack...try there

Comment

I made a slight change to the set up by removing the EQ and installing an external sound card. Sorry I didnt take pictures of where I installed the sound card. I was too busy trying to find a good place to mount it and after all the frustration I put my interior back together and forgot to take some pics. I basically put it under the center console right behind the shifter knob/handle (whatever). And after all that B.S. I still didnt re-rout that damn wire for my reset switch to make it look cleaner! Maybe on my next set of days off.....
                    Anyway, I removed the EQ, installed the Soundblaster Live external sound card, and also installed 2 line drivers to boost my sound to the Subs and the Mids/Highs set up. The soundblaster software has a nice on screen EQ and other tools to fine tune my sound. I also installed a GPS antenna for the Centrafuse XLE program. Here's a few pics.....I'll post some more of the soundcard mounting spot when I get back in the mood to pull things apart again.

The screen looks alot cleaner mounted without the EQ on top of it plus it was a pain to have to close the screen if I needed to turn the sub on and off. I installed the Bass Knob that came with the amp, this way I can turn it up or down when I want to.

My next headache is to figure out the OBDII program in Centrafuse. Just got the cable in the mail today so it's time to get it hooked up and see what my car is saying these days....

This picture of my car was only posted cause I love my car so damn much!
                    Proper
                    Education
                    Always
                    Corrects
                    Errors

Comment

Working...
                    X