My 96' Chevy Impala

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 96' Chevy Impala

****I posted this in the "newbie" section and it was suggested to me by "Muldrick" to post it here. Hopefully I can get a suggestion to my volume issue. I've been combing the threads for some answers but I havent found one with the same problem "yet".****

120 gb hard drive
    Built in Bluetooth
    Windows XP
    External DVD/CD drive
    Kenwood EQ
    Dont remember all the motherboard and processor info...
    The USB hub and DVD/CD drive in the center console, I installed a reset switch in the console top for the times when the pc chooses to freeze up or bug out while I'm driving! motorized touchscreen monitor, The PC is mounted in the trunk behind the 3 12" Kicker subs, power cap and 2 amps. I'm using Centrifuse as my front end. I was told that I didnt really need an external sound card for my music to sound good but I notice that my music isnt as loud as it used to be with a regular head unit. My bass isnt as loud too. If there are any suggestions out there please let me know, as you can see I like it LOUD!
    I'm also having a "warm" time trying to figure out how to intergrate my cell phone to Centrifuse
    I'm loving the options I have with a pc in the car but I also love my volume level high.
    Proper
    Education
    Always
    Corrects
    Errors

Nice install job/ nice car!
    My Worklog
    I'm using my carputer 100%, but I still need to make it easier to use.

Comment

you have my dream car.... DAMN YOU!!!
      nice install btw

whats the switch do? warp speed?

Comment

Originally posted by HybridFox View Post
        you have my dream car.... DAMN YOU!!!
        nice install btw

whats the switch do? warp speed?
        No the switch is in case the pc freezes up for whatever reason while I'm driving. I can shut it of and back on without being stuck listening to my engine hum til I get the chance to pull over.

Thanks for the compliment also.....
        Proper
        Education
        Always
        Corrects
        Errors

Comment

What screen do you have, the xenarc? I've been deciding between the lilliput indash and xenarc. How do you like it.
          Planned ... 95%
          Purchased 25%
          Installed ... 0%

WorkLog

Comment

(Xenarc)To be honest with you I have to readjust the screen everytime I turn the system on. It has an auto configuration button on it but the screen is always slightly shifted down so my task bar is cut in half until I readjust it. The manual doesnt give you much info(at least not any info on how to remedy this issue). But other than that I love the touchscreen feature and it automaticall opens when I start the car.
            Proper
            Education
            Always
            Corrects
            Errors

Comment

sorry I hit the "post message" button 2x
              Proper
              Education
              Always
              Corrects
              Errors

Comment

What's going on with those rims? Looks like a crash test car.. lol.. Nice install. I like Kicker. I got some myself.
                CAR INFO HERE
                "He who dies with the most toys, wins".

Comment

Originally posted by vxcarpc View Post
                  What's going on with those rims? Looks like a crash test car.. lol.. Nice install. I like Kicker. I got some myself.
                  I know deep down inside your saying to yourself "damn, where did he get those rims from!?"
                  Yeah a very rear treat! You really need to see them in real life to get the goose bumps and feeling of envy, err I meant, satisfaction for yourself, like everyone else who's seen em. From young to old to VERY old has complimented me on those rims.....Appreciate you noticing them though.

AND yeah, Kicker is the S*%$!
                  Proper
                  Education
                  Always
                  Corrects
                  Errors

Comment

Love that car, always have, always will.. I had a DCM '96 and wish I still had it.. but imho, those rims are unnecessarily loud and detract from the sleeper factor. But to each their own.

BTW, if you're ever in the market for a CAI, this is the one: http://www.clearimageautomotive.com/...ngine/SSRI.htm
                    Dr. Ron Paul for President 2008

Hope for America - http://www.ronpaul2008.com

Who is Ron Paul? - Why do we need Ron Paul?

Comment

Originally posted by tj!2k4 View Post
                      Love that car, always have, always will.. I had a DCM '96 and wish I still had it.. but imho, those rims are unnecessarily loud and detract from the sleeper factor. But to each their own.

BTW, if you're ever in the market for a CAI, this is the one: http://www.clearimageautomotive.com/...ngine/SSRI.htm
                      Appreciate the compliment. The car is no sleeper, everyone and thier grandmothers know that by now
                      Thanks for the link but I have that set up along with Borla exhaust and Edlebrock headers(oh yeah, and a tranny shift switch )....my only issue is I keep getting a check engine light from the oil on the filter getting on the sensor. Kind of annoying cause I hate orange light on my dash! Especially that one in particular since it usually means I have to spend some more money!!!
                      Proper
                      Education
                      Always
                      Corrects
                      Errors

Comment

Working...
                      X