2004 Wrangler Rubicon Project

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004 Wrangler Rubicon Project

I have been thinking of doing an overhead control unit for a while and I've been trying to figure out what to put in it. Before it was going to be a switch bank with 20 or so toggle switches, you know the old aircraft style ones with the red flip ups, cause I like that kind, also with indicator lights for on/off for each switch. Then I ran across this forum and saw these carcomputers, and workin in an IT field this struck the geek in me as AWESOME!!! So I tried to figure out a way to run this computer system with a smaller switch bank and maybe a CB mounted to it some where... if there is room. Anyway I have a rough sketch ::very very rough... done in paint so don't make fun::

I was pulling heavily off this thread http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/fabr...-wrangler.html

I liked the way his fit and looked in the Jeep. I was just gonna try to take advantage of the extra open space. Also I'm MECP as well as A+ certified, odd combo huh? So I think I should be able to handle the wireing nightmare I know will be coming. If anyone has any tips or Ideas for this rig feel free to share, like I said, this is in the very early stages and any help or ideas would be great.

Wouldn't that be kind of hard to control from there? But I'd like to see it when it's done.

Comment

Well the touch screen would only be a little higher than the mirror which is easily within reach while back in the seat, I havent fabricated anything yet due to lack of time an resources, but I have started measuring and making mock ups to get the sizing right.

Comment

Yeah, but I just don't know if it would really be that comfortable to have to reach up to touch the screen all the time. But hey, whatever works for you.

Comment

Working...
        X