Ford Xr8 2004

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ford Xr8 2004

Hey all, here some progress pics for my install. almost done.

Celeron 1.3ghz, 128mb Ram, 120GB HDD,

Scan Converter into Ford Factory Screen.

Still to do some 'real world' testing but its all coming together.

Going to mount it under passenger seat and control with the remote and the buttons on the front bezel. No auto on circuit yet, just a simple push button start/hibernate.

Future Upgrades...?
    Touchscreen overlay -INSTALLED
    Different front end - DONE - FreeICE
    Auto on power circuit - -Recieved uSDC20D! yet to install
    Rearview Camera
    -Purchased OBDII scantool and software, now choosing different software that embeds well with the frontend and is easy to control

GPS/Bluetooth/Wi-fi - Have all the equipment just lazy

I mainly use my Nokia N95 for GPS anyway

Update:

I have mounted the computer in the glove box and other components in behind thee dash. its a lot nicer and doesn't get kicked!! going to make a new front bezel but will probably wait until i get me SSDC sorted out first.
    Attached Files

Looking good, did you get that mini keyboard in Australia?
    Continued Worklog... Upgrades in progress:
    *15.4" WXGA LED backlight touchscreen upgrade
    *Custom fiberglass dash bezel

Comment

cool! i really like the mini key board! lol any pics of the switch panel installed yet?

Comment

Nah i bought the keyboard from overseas, i actually have another one (brand new in box) which i will sell off for the right price.... The panel after everthing was sitting inside (all usb stuff), doesnt sit how i'd like it to, and looks kinda of dicky... so time permitting, i will be making a new one. Only problem is now livin away from home, i left all my tools there, kind of feel like macgyver trying to do **** with a paper clip, rubber band and comb....

the remote packed it in yesterday! i think it was in the sun in the car.... when u press a button the IR light stays on and doesnt turn off until u take the battery out then put it back in....weird... looking into touchscreen

Comment

macgyver is cool! How much do you want for your other keyboard?
          Continued Worklog... Upgrades in progress:
          *15.4" WXGA LED backlight touchscreen upgrade
          *Custom fiberglass dash bezel

Comment

Hey Biggy, I too looked for one of those for AGES, but ended up getting one of these

http://usbfever.com/index_eproduct_v...roducts_id=143

Not as small nor as easy to use in a car as the thumboard, but does the job. Really great keyboard actually, has all the buttons (F1-12, arrows, CtrlAltDel, etc.) too. Just an alternative

Comment

I got a touchscreen in! works a treat, took a bit of fiddling around to get the spacing right. wouldnt beleive it tho after i got it in a tiny bit of loctite superglue fell on the screen,tried to scrape it off and put a tiny scratch on the touchscreen! haha anyway it still works. might move the whole screen down a little and try to hide it.

thought these pics might help someone doin the same

btw i had to remove the infra red reciever, and i attached it using industrial strength double sided tape. its not movin anywhere

3 picture from the bottom u can see where i mounted the usb touchscreen controller. perfect litle spot for it. few cable ties and i have my cord to plug in

the screen is a little harder to see in the sun, but its ok. the screen also sits back a bit than before to allow for the touchscreen. but all in all will be good. taken computer out and sorting out where it is all going in permanantly...
              Attached Files

Comment

http://linitx.com/viewproduct.php?prodid=10779

Link to the mini keyboard.

Comment

looking good,
                  does it all fit nicely under the seat?
                  my old install in my old Hilux had it under the seat and i thought there was plenty of room, but i didnt realize how much the seat went down when someone sat in it.
                  View My Blog

Click for 2GB FREE on-line storage!

Comment

it fits but im going to move it to glove box and other places. it moves around to much and i dont trust it when people slide the seat forward and back all the time.....

Comment

have u got a passenger air bag? if u don't there is quite a bit off room in that empty space, i was going to put mine there but my my board wasn't small enough
                      View My Blog

Click for 2GB FREE on-line storage!

Comment

yeah i do unfortunately. im thiking some in the glove box and the rest in behind it somewhere. there is space there. just awkward to get to thats all..... distance from the glove box to the icc is FA so easy to send wires around the back all nice and hidden

Comment

There's a single-din space in the top-right area of your boot - for the Sat Nav. Seems to me like a perfect place for a Mini-ITX or Single-DIN PC ...

My scan converter sits in the area behind the plastic in front of the left knee. Also, the area between the Cluster and the ICC Air Vents (behind where the FPV Start Button goes) is quite empty too, although you need to remove the ICC to access it. The Territory puts the Reverse Camera Video Converter up behind the IC.

Just some thoughts to share.

Lukeyson

Comment

I never knew about that in the boot! nice little spot, but stuff running wires all the way..

ive since put it in the glove box heaps better. check out the first post for a pic

Comment

Hay hi grate set up just wondering where u got yhe USB touch screen from ,thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X