No announcement yet.

My Car UMPC - 2007 BMW 335i Coupe w/ PROcede v2

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Car UMPC - 2007 BMW 335i Coupe w/ PROcede v2

Just wanted to start a thread to show you guys my car PC implementation. It's an Asus R2Hv with a 7" LCD touch-screen, 1GHz Pentium M, 1.25GB RAM, 80GB SATA HD, GPS, Bluetooth, WiFi, fingerprint scanner, and webcam, running Windows Vista Home Premium. In the glovebox, there is a small USB hub which connects to the PROcede, an ipod, and a USB cable for my phone. It is mounted using the vehicle-specific and tablet mounts from (thanks RiXst3r!) My primary functions for the device are as follows:

- Touch-screen Navigation/GPS using StreetDeck v1.1
    - PROcede v2 software control + guage display
    - Full media center capabilities (MP3, video, dvd, pics, ipod, etc..) using StreetDeck v1.1
    - EVDO internet access via bluetooth DUN or USB cable in glovebox (USB hub)

future plans:

- hidden cables + hardwire
    - ODBII software + StreetDeck integration
    - backup camera
    - Valentine 1 display

Some pics:

It looks like a great little setup, but it could be so much more if it was integrated better. It kills the smooth lines of the interior on your 335.
    Car Pc progress meter:
    [-5%-------------------] Carpc build #2. So far, 20$ deep! I love recycling!

"The car is the closest we will ever come to creating something that is truly alive" -Sir William Lyons
    My worklog

The car from outside, WOW.

The carputer... Same opinion as redls1bird has. Maybe some fabricating, and it would be nice..
      My worklog (fabricating the bezel right now)

40 % Done ?

Is that software your running for the procede supplied direct from vishnu tuning or 3rd party program that you skinned yourself?

sweet setup man

EDIT - forgot to mention that is a BEAST of a car!

now all you need to do is step into the darkside

thanks guys... Obviously a fully integrated in-dash solution is much cleaner looking, however this car is a lease, and hacking up the dash isn't really a viable option. Also, I really like the fact that I can just take this with me as a laptop-replacement, and safely remove it from the car nightly. Also, when I dyno my car, I am able to stand ~20ft away with it and data log w/ the PROcede software.

Ces///M3: the PROcede software came with the device from Vishnu. I just made the guages a little bigger. Stock boost is 8.8psi, I am running at ~15psi. 100+ WHP over stock Does RR work on Vista?

yes RR works with vista

Hi There....

I just got my 2007 335i, I want to set up a computer in that like what you have set it up. The store is charging me a lot just to install it as I will get the computer on my own. Do you think you can give me some guidance on this so that i can start the install on my own? Please advise.