Chrysler 300 Touring CarPC build/install with pictures

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chrysler 300 Touring CarPC build/install with pictures

OK, so finally I got some pictures to start with showing you my project - I will illustrate as much as possible and explain respectfully. All questions, comments, concerns, ... are welcome.
    [-------------] Hardware Status
    [-------------] Software Status
    [-------------] Fabrication Status

I'll start with showing my project car - I picked brand new 2006 Chrysler 300 because of styling and comfort as well as space I will need to install parts of larger size. So this is my ride

and I picked trunk to house my PC

Comment

this is my brand new ATX computer case - Got it from Fry's for like $85. I went with this one because of extra space if I need to upgrade my components as well as 3 clear sides - I'm thinking to install LED lights inside so whenever trunk is open interier of the PC will glow providing light to the trunk

inside of the box

front view

extra space i was talking about

Comment

Motherboard - I went with VIA EPIA SP-13000, of course brand new. Bought it from mp3car.com for $200 something. I must compliment their fast delivery - I got it in like 3 days selecting ground shipping

inside the box

motherboard in place

Comment

HD - I bought Hitachi laptop Hd with 80 gigs of space from mp3car.com - here you may see it installed and connected to PS/motherboard

as for Power Supply, I had to get rid of bulky AC-DC PS that came with the case

[img]
          http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/imagehosting/thum_14133747b1f54e78dcc.jpg[/img]

and went with new M2-ATX-HV 6-32V Intelligent Automotive DC-DC ATX PS - here installed and connected to the rest of the components

[img]
          http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/imagehosting/thum_14133747b206de665d4.jpg[/img]

[img]
          http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/imagehosting/thum_14133747b206dea0364.jpg[/img]

inside of the case needed a little bit of persuasion to house the PS but I found the solution

Comment

Media Drive- Laptop slot-load DVD RW/CD RW Pioneer DVR-K06, pictures bellow

Comment

first problem with this install I had was the length of IDE cable - since online stores tyhat are offering exact size I need (10 ft - from trunk to center console - picture bellow)

are too expensive i decided to build my own. I bought regular size IDE cable and simply extended existing wires

Comment

about the same time i received XO Vision rear-view camera and XO Vision 7" rear-view mirror clip on monitor - pictures bellow

[

url=http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=4309][/url]

Comment

I just ordered 10.4" touchscreen I will be fabricating into my center console as well as pair of 7" headrest monitors with built in DVD/CD/MP3 players - I should get it in about 3-4 days from gooddeals18.com. Of course pictures will follow.

Comment

IDE is only supposed to be good for a 3 foot run (or so). you may run into signal degredation and all sorts of weird problems. That's why people use usb for long runs.

Not saying you will, but it's a high probability................
                    For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return.
                    Leonardo Da Vinci

Comment

I tried this one on my desktop PC and it runs smoothly + in case of signal degredation I will just replace the whole thing

that is another reason I went with Chrysler 300 - that thing has space and I am planning to use it

thanks on your suggestion white

Comment

this morning I received my screens - pictures will follow as soon as I get home, got to work

Comment

Originally posted by Nermin View Post

that is another reason I went with Chrysler 300 - that thing has space and I am planning to use it

thanks on your suggestion white
                          I know, look at my sig.

300M special.

Defineately a "3 bagger +" trunk
                          For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return.
                          Leonardo Da Vinci

Comment

since I am a man of my word - and back from work, these are the pictures of my monitors

10.4" Touch Screen monitor - bought from gooddeals18.com for $199.99
                            pair of pre-installed 7" headrest monitors with built in dvd/mp3/cd players with matching leather headrests - also bought from gooddeals18.com for 299.99

also i must compliment them on fast delivery and easy to navigate ordering interface as well as customer service

Comment

tomorrow I am going to wire up and install headrest monitors - of course pictures will follow

Comment

Working...
                              X