Computer:
    Carputer: C3 800
    Case: Custom Plexi Case
    Power: Sproggy Mk2.8+
    Storage: ~120GB
    Sound: Onboard AC'97 (boo)
    Motherboard: VIA EPIA
    Videocard: Onboard
    Display: 5.6" In-Dash DSCustoms screen (touch added soon)
    Extras: iMac Slim Slot DVD

Pictures:
    You can check all my pics in my Photo Album

http://www.planettrevor.net/zach/pic.../Temp2 007.jpg

http://www.planettrevor.net/zach/pics/gauges/after.jpg

http://www.planettrevor.net/zach/pic.../Temp2 014.jpg

http://www.planettrevor.net/zach/pic...r/IMG_0329.jpg

http://www.planettrevor.net/zach/pic...r/IMG_0327.jpg

http://www.planettrevor.net/zach/pic...d/IMG_0224.jpg

Notes:
    In case you couldn't tell by the pics, the carputer isn't in yet. I have some kinks to work out of the PSU and shutdown controller first.
    90% Done
    60W DC-DC & shutdown controller
    Via C3 800, 512mb Ram, HDD 75GB IBM Deskstar, 5.6" In dash Dcustoms LCD w/ 3m USB Touch setup
    Rockfors 400s 400W amp,2x 10" Rockford Subs, Sony CDX M730 Head unit
    All in a shiny White 2000 V6 Mustang
    Click here to visit my NEW PhotoAlbum

I edited this thread to be links instead of images...
    No thread should be 1MB+ of images (this thread went FAR beyond that even )

Crop thos suckers down, optimize them, post less of the.. link to the big ones if you want.

I know you are excited about your project but DAMN BOY those are some huge files.
    aka Kumaneko
    "Don't make me moderate your ***!"
    Maxima of Doom - project thread - photo gallery
    mp3car system is currently FUBAR and finances do not allow for a correction of that situation
    Real computer hackers use a rotary cutting tool on their motherboard.

Comment

Sorry, they are sitting in a photo gallery that automatically shrinks them. I didnt think about file size . I like to keep big copies of all my pics around so I can zoom and crop without a bunch of pixilization.
      90% Done
      Via C3 800, 512mb Ram, HDD 75GB IBM Deskstar, 5.6" In dash Dcustoms LCD w/ 3m USB Touch setup

Comment

Originally posted by GuRuGoD
        Sorry, they are sitting in a photo gallery that automatically shrinks them. I didnt think about file size . I like to keep big copies of all my pics around so I can zoom and crop without a bunch of pixilization.
        I've never actually seen any of your photos' except for maybe the first three thumbnails that load in your gallery - I'm on DSL and your site is just too slow to wait around for pics that are so large.

Shame really, as it seems that the contents of your sig is pretty similar to mine (And Shin's for that matter).

C!
        http://carpc.riposte.net
        I reserve all rights in connection to each post I author, without exception.

Comment

I am going to backup all of my high res photos and shrink them all down to 640 it think. Also the asp script i am using to generate the thumbnails is innefficient with those large pics. I will let you know when its donw.
          90% Done

Comment

All th pics in the photoalbum are now at 640x480 or smaller. Please have a look and let me know how fast they load. Thanks!
            90% Done

Comment

That's much faster!

I noticed a couple of things:
              • Are you using a 40 core IDE cable to connect your laptop drive? I'm sure that mine had a ***** and moan about not seeing the 80 core cable on boot up, and I was wondering how you got around this?
              • Your thumbnails are the same size as the 640*480 images? You could make it faster still if you resized your thumbnails (I presume this is what you meant by having an inefficient ASP script)
              • Did you happen to notice what that RGB button does on the DSCustoms screen while you had the case cracked open? I emailed Dave about it, but he has no idea either...

I guess I should get off my *** and finish my site!

C!

Comment

Good to hear its faster. As fas as the thumbnails, they are generated on request by the scrips and i cant change that. I am looking for a new script.

As for the 40C ide cable on the laptop harddrive, I was just using it to play around with possible layouts, the drive dosent even work(oh well).

And the RGB button..I'm not exactly sure, but it seems to me that it would be for an rgb input from a rearview camera. The screen did come with a funky adapter that i believe is for such a purpose.
                90% Done

Comment

by just shrinking the dimensions of a pic, you arent really creating thumbnails.

At my site (www.theoffspring.com) i made my own gallery script using PHP that actually saves a copy of the larger images at a smaller filesize, not just dimensions. Im sure ASP can do the same (if not, just use php, coz M$ sucks)
                  Jarrod - Holden VX S!

Comment

Yes i know i am not actually creating thumbnails by makeing th files smaller. The script does that. I'm not in a hurry to find another script, I plan on doing a whole redesign of my site.
                    90% Done

Comment

Originally posted by C4M
                      ...the contents of your sig is pretty similar to mine (And Shin's for that matter).
                      Why stray from the best
                      aka Kumaneko
                      "Don't make me moderate your ***!"
                      Maxima of Doom - project thread - photo gallery
                      mp3car system is currently FUBAR and finances do not allow for a correction of that situation
                      Real computer hackers use a rotary cutting tool on their motherboard.

Comment

what display settings are you using to get a decent image on your dscustom screen?

and does your image take up the entire screen or is there an unused border around the entire picture?

thanks
                        dan

Comment

Originally posted by backpack09
                          what display settings are you using to get a decent image on your dscustom screen?

and does your image take up the entire screen or is there an unused border around the entire picture?

thanks
                          dan
                          VIA EPIA board with updated drivers (from the VIA website)
                          EPIA BIOS has an overscan adjustment to make sure the all real estate is used.

C!

Comment

ok,
                            is there anyway to do this on a fv25?

thanks
                            dan

Comment

UPDATE:

Touch is installed and working
                              No GPS For now
                              Decided to go with a 75GB HDD
                              Blew up my iMac drive so i am using a slot load pioneer for the time being
                              Revamping the plexi case- total rebuild
                              Decided to use MediaEngine, works beautifully with the touch screen

Most of the new photos are in my photo gallery (sig)
                              90% Done

Comment

Working...
                              X