2005 Acura TL Car-PC + Dell M1330 + EVDO

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005 Acura TL Car-PC + Dell M1330 + EVDO

This is my Current car (as of 02-15-08).

I hope the Acura TL is going to last. I got rid of the eclipse because I drive over 40k miles a year and the eclipse wouldn't of lasted long.

The little banner in the back advertises my PC repair business.

I used my dell M1330 and I docked it behind the seat.

The little Tablet with the keyboard is a Nokia N810. I was just fooling around with the dual monitor setup again.

The picture of the lilliput LCD (Thats the new 2008 LED Model & Yes its brighter.) has OBDII screen on it so I can watch my cars sensors. all of the devices are connected via a USB hub underneath the seat.

The camera has a Mic on it and doubles as voice control in Centrafuse.

Sorry for the crappy description. Writing is my weakness and I can't keep my attention long from ADHD. now let me go dance

nice work.. but it looks ghetto..
    not doing justice to the car

just my 2 cents..

Comment

@ Nysaz: It looks a lot less ghetto than a lot of the "more integrated" systems in some cars I've seen.

This is a sleek install, compliments on a job well done.
      F6 Tornado Project Log ; HP Blackbird Watercooled Server

Beta Tester for Centrafuse and 3dConnexion (No business affiliation with either)

Comment

very nice setup. how are you powering the laptop? just hittin the on button when you need it? is it wired to turn on with the ignition?
        Duct tape and a Bandana for the win, b!shes!!!

My Setup:http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=73500

Cost so far: Less than a grand ;]

Comment

Yea I'm hitting the power button to turn it on. I don't really have to turn it off because i am charging it while the car is on.

I'm using the Kensington 120 watt mobile power adapter. The Kensington has alot of electrical noise. (I bought the Carnetix power supply and it sucks becuase the laptop thinks its an unauthorized charger and it will only power the laptop and not charge the battery and the Carnetix will not do the wake on USB)

Comment

How far off from the stock frame does your monitor sit? I was thinking of doing the same initially, but I figured that the cables leading into the monitor would be too thick. Are the cables you use very thick? How long did your install take you?

Comment

u just kill the TL

Comment

Just went Dual Screen. Hell Ya.

Well I just moved the screen down and used an L bracket. It looks a hell of A Lot better. I'm going to upload the new modification. Now i can see both screens.

Comment

Originally posted by shot598 View Post
                  u just kill the TL
                  Not anymore LOL. Can I get some opinions?

Comment

Originally posted by hsetty View Post
                    How far off from the stock frame does your monitor sit? I was thinking of doing the same initially, but I figured that the cables leading into the monitor would be too thick. Are the cables you use very thick? How long did your install take you?
                    The cables are pretty flexible but I really recommend that you do it with the L-Bracket. Look at the new picture

Comment

Originally posted by shot598 View Post
                      u just kill the TL
                      You just killed the English language.

Anyway, its looking good. How does the laptop know to switch to the "external" video source? When you press the power button, does it automatically output to the lilliput? or do you have to hit a certain key combo to do that?

looks good so far dude and as long as it does what you want, you're set.
                      Duct tape and a Bandana for the win, b!shes!!!

My Setup:http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=73500

Cost so far: Less than a grand ;]

Comment

Originally posted by breaker021 View Post
                        You just killed the English language.

Anyway, its looking good. How does the laptop know to switch to the "external" video source? When you press the power button, does it automatically output to the lilliput? or do you have to hit a certain key combo to do that?

looks good so far dude and as long as it does what you want, you're set.
                        I don't get the killed jokes can you explain. I'm kinda really bad with jokes .

and yes I have to lean back to switch it to the Lilliput screen but I only have to do this once when I first dick the laptop. I don't move the laptop that often so its not a big deal. the key combo is fn + f7 or something.

Comment

if it was me, i'd hide the laptop under the seat.

Comment

I agree, hide the laptop or make it look more intergrated into the seat.... Hide the cables also. Have you looked into maybe using only one screen? maybe there is a way you can replace the origianl TL screen with the lilliput, but get a adapter to display the Acura Nav System to AV1. That way you dont have to block things.
                            Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
                            4X MK808b
                            3x Perixx Touchpads
                            3x 7 inch Screens
                            1X 7 inch motorized Screen
                            1x Win 7 PC

Comment

Working...
                            X