Mrcgibb 2002 saab 9-5

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mrcgibb 2002 saab 9-5

I am about to fit a complete pc to my saab 9-5 including a touchscreen monitor ! , ok this may sound nuts , but not really i can keep 1000`s on songs on my harddrive , install a usb webcam in rear of car and have live video of rear parking ..... sat nav , dvd , tv , radio , etc etc connect a obd2 scanner and display reading live on screen ! this is going to be interesting , ok i am using a itx factor pc motherboard complete with intel celeron 1.33 ghz cpu and 1 gb ram , this is all of 6.5 inch square ! and i have bought a 8" wide screen touchscreen monitor , i have had to dismantale monitor to cut the screen surround bezel to fit the double din space that i removed the cd tape deck from here are pics ,

removed stereo

touchscreen 8" monitor

removed screen to revel inside

rear of touchscreen

front of screen (this is after i have cut the excess of the screen to fit the double din , also i have removed the buttons as the screen will work with the remote / and the intelegent power supply that will boot up the pc and power it down using the ignition switch so if i go for fuel and switch car off the pc will remain switched on .!

this shows how much of the screen surround i have removed , as the whole thing falls into the back of screen mount now ......

old stereo and new screen placed in for fit !

Comment

does anyone know if i can make use of the steering wheel controls with my car pc?

Comment

looks like a very clean install, you can make steering wheel control with your existing unit, theres a module on here somewhere, just search steering wheel control.

Comment

Nice install! We have a Saab 95 Estate, and I have always though it was ripe for a double din install! I think the module you are looking for is called car2pc or something allong thoose lines, hope this helps!

Comment

Originally posted by mrcgibb View Post

does anyone know if i can make use of the steering wheel controls with my car pc?

doing the same on my saab 9-5.
            How can you know in advance if it will work?

Comment

Working...
            X