This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please delete me

Sorry, I was asked to remove this thread and it will not let me delete it. Moderators, please feel free to delete as needed.

Wow. Just wow. Nearly the exact thing I'm looking to do.

Sir, you inspire me.

I'm keeping this as a how-to.
    2005 MK IV Jetta GLI
    Planning 75% complete
    Purchasing 5% complete
    Building 0% complete
    Installing 0% complete
    Convincing my wonderful fiancÚ that I NEED to spend on this instead of putting it away for the wedding .0002% complete

Comment

Nice job! A great how-to for folks who want to put a Macbook/iBook in their car instead of a Mini. I'm moving this thread to the Show off your Project forum, but will put a link in the Mac centric links sticky thread.
      Originally posted by ghettocruzer
      I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
      Want to:
      -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
      -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

Did I see 3rd Bass in the play list???

That was the stuff back then...
        Makes me want to digg though my collection.
        Setup looks great...

Comment

Originally posted by Bugbyte View Post
          Nice job! A great how-to for folks who want to put a Macbook/iBook in their car instead of a Mini. I'm moving this thread to the Show off your Project forum, but will put a link in the Mac centric links sticky thread.
          That's awesome. I will actually update some of the pictures and details in the upcoming days. This way I can showcase the other items I mentioned, such as the cabling, the trackpad and the power connections. Also, I found this amazing freeware software program called InsomniacX, which prevents the MacBook from going to sleep when on the power connector and would allow you to run the computer in clamshell mode (display shut). Anyway, I will get that information updated. Thanks!

Comment

love it now im starting to wonder if i should get a mac and do this i also saw a similar setup on "pimp my ride" yesterday the girl had a macbook pro in the trunk and it had a docking station that ran up to a second 7" touch screen in the dash
            LSX Void 3.3 Gauges Mod

Comment

Great setup, well done

Comment

Wow this looks awesome....I really want to install my Macbook into my MINI...I'm not looking to take it apart so I'm thinking I will have the computer dock somewhere and then it will attach to a touch screen

Comment

Originally posted by checkercoop View Post
                  Wow this looks awesome....I really want to install my Macbook into my MINI...I'm not looking to take it apart so I'm thinking I will have the computer dock somewhere and then it will attach to a touch screen
                  no offense but i have a suggestion... how about putting a lcd screen where that huge speedometer is i love mini's but i hate that huge central located speedometer...
                  LSX Void 3.3 Gauges Mod

Comment

looks good but damn expensive to use a 1200 dollar macbook in the car (unless you also use it out of the car). also, you will definitely kill your battery capacity really fast with your current setup. i would suggest at least every week or two to let the battery fully drain before charging it up fully again. draining a little and then plugging it in to charge is going to ruin any battery. i personally have a macbook (not for the car), and i make every effort not to plug back in until the battery is drained.

edit: nvm, saw the deal you got. 550 is a steal! but still an awful waste of a beautiful laptop to keep it sitting in the trunk. id sell it, make a few hundred bucks, and get a mini.

Comment

Working...
                    X