• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 2006 Mazda3 Hatch Install

2006 Black Mica Mazda3 Hatch

Edit - 9/1/2009

-About 71k miles now.
    Got car new in Jan of 2006 and almost has 50k miles on it now.

Most Pictures can be found here. Summary of Pictures are down below.
    http://www.team-pd.net/gallery/index.php/Car

Engine
    None - Wifey advises against it strongly, she allows the AutoX, but no track and no engine mods. That and we're buying a house and saving for a wedding lol.

Exterior
    Demolded and Debadged 2.3s
    Blacked out the Rear Mazda 3 and flying M emblem, was going to do the front but wasn't sure if I wanted the grill.
    Rally Armor MudFlaps
    Red Caliper Paint, need to redo them this year
    O Nex 6k Hids
    20% Tint all around
    Thule 91725 Universal Ski and Snowboard Carrier
    Thule Sidekick Luggage Box
    Thule 594 Sidearm x2
    Ofcourse not all the thule stuff are on at once =op.
    Led rear Tailmarkers
    White Led Blinkers for front, rear, and dremeled the Sidemarkers to put white leds in there as well.
    Smoked Liscense Covers
    Tenzo Mach 10 17" Rims
    Black Wheel Lugs
    Paint Speedpass Black

Interior
    All Weather Mats
    Trunk Cargo Tray
    Ghetto Custom Trunk to hold CarPC and Amps because I wanted access to my spare.

I.C.E
    CDA-9884
    MRP-M650
    MRP-F450
    Alpine SPS-57C2
    Custom Indash Molding for Receiver(Courtesy Wicked CAS in Kingston,NH)
    Custom Indash Molding for 8in Lilliput Touchscreen for CarPC(Courtesy Wicked CAS in Kingston,NH)

Aopen Pandora MiniPC Duo MP945-X
    Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T7200
    2GHz
    667 MHz FSB
    4MB L2 Cache
    1 GB of Ram
    100GB HD
    16xDvd+-Burner

Carnetix CNX-P1900 Ver. 2.2 Dual Output 140 Watt 12V DC-DC Regulator
    Carnetix CNX-P5V 15 Watt +5V Regulator
    DLink USB Hub x2
    GO 2.4 Optical Air Mouse and Compact Keyboard Suite
    GO PRO 2.4GHz GYROTRANSPORT Air Mouse Presenter 512MB
    Other Wireless Keyboard Model
    XM Direct
    BU-353 Weather-proof GPS Receiver
    CarNetix CNX-P1290 Dual Output 90 Watt 12V DC-DC Regulator
    Mp3Car USB adapter for XM Direct
    Lilliput 8" Widescreen (16:9) VGA Touchscreen
    D-Link 2.4GHz Omni-Directional 7dBi Antenna
    Creative USB Soundblaster

Software
    Windows XP SP3
    Streetdeck North America Full
    Microsoft Streets and Trips 2008

Future Mods

Install Angel Eyes
    Take of Orange Reflectors in Headlights
    Taillamps, Tinted
    Sidemarkers Tinted
    reflectors tinted
    front lights tinted?
    cf hood
    custom paintjob
    Headlamps tinted
    fusion brain and temp sensor and distance sensor
    Yellow Foglamp bulbs. H11-55W bulb from eautoworks.com
    Logitech DiNovo Mini Wireless Keyboard (Bluetooth)
    Front,side, and rear cameras.
    Shark fin xenonexpert.com
    Led 3rd Brake Light xenonexpert.com
    Custom Trunk Amp and CarPc cover with clear windows.
    Lamin-X headlight and foglight film covers
    Sub
    New Grill?
    New body Kit.
    MS Spoiler
    12" 15LED Strips Single for interior xenonexpert.com
    Some Engine Mods
    http://www.mazda3forums.com/enigma/ ?
    OEM JDM Rainguards japanparts.com
    hid bulb upgrade?
    paint chrome wheel caps
    duel exhaust
    dynomat
    laser detector
    http://www.carpc4u.com/carpcstore/in...e19480b7c2a2e2
    optima battery yellowtop
    "The text that you have entered is too long (12638 characters). Please shorten it to 10000 characters long."

Dam it!

"The text that you have entered is too long (10418 characters). Please shorten it to 10000 characters long."

New

Demolding and Debadging 2.3s

New Badges

Interior Lights

Fast Pass Painted Black and working.

"The text that you have entered is too long (12638 characters). Please shorten it to 10000 characters long."

Dam it!

"The text that you have entered is too long (10418 characters). Please shorten it to 10000 characters long."

Comment

Wiring Diagram without the speakers

Dash or lack there of one.

Switch and cables for ipod/mp3player input

WiFi Antenna

Dash

[img width=576 height=768]http://www.team-pd.net/viet/modules/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=3455& g2_serialNumber=1&g2_GALLERYSID=afdd44223e51f61d65 c62c69a008d9a1[/img]

Trunk

Redid Trunk and Made it Neater

[img width=576 height=768]http://www.team-pd.net/viet/modules/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=3388& g2_serialNumber=1&g2_GALLERYSID=c19c136bef59798c94 60da198b3125c4[/img]

[img width=576 height=768]http://www.team-pd.net/viet/modules/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=3384& g2_serialNumber=1&g2_GALLERYSID=c19c136bef59798c94 60da198b3125c4[/img]

Amps aren't setup yet but are mounted

Dam it!

Comment

Thule Sidekick Luggage Rack

Reminder
        Exterior Lights
        Bike Rack
        Dash with Molding piece
        Ski Rack
        SD interface

Dam it!

Comment

Reserve 5

Dam it!

Comment

i LOVE the mazdas i miss my OLD 323 been looking at these, where is your screen did i miss something?
            MY build...a walk thru, finally getting to it

Comment

haha my first car was a mazda 626 =oD. I just updated some of the pics. I've been taking pictures and slowly been adding them in as I get time. I just put the screen on there.

Dam it!

Comment

Nice install!

I see you have the same issue with the Metra kit as I did.

See my post on how to tighten up that gap between the HVAC and screen.

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/fabr...-din-mods.html

Did you replace the info-LCD with anything? if not does the temp still work ok?
                Sailin
                Fabrication....[----x-----] 50%

Comment

Originally posted by benedums View Post
                  Nice install!

I see you have the same issue with the Metra kit as I did.

See my post on how to tighten up that gap between the HVAC and screen.

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/fabr...-din-mods.html

Did you replace the info-LCD with anything? if not does the temp still work ok?
                  Yea, they don't make the kits like they use to. I saw your post. Do you have your screen in yet? Theres also gaps on the sides of the kid, so at night you can see the backlight through the sides at the top. I'll take a picture later. I plan on just filling in the botton and the sides near the top. I tool the whole stock unit lcd included and have the metra kit pocket that I'm getting painted. I was hoping I would get the Temp to show through the OBDII port but it doesn't, but I plan on getting the fusionbrain with the temp sensors to fix that anyway. got more pictures of your mazdaspeed? I'm also on the www.mazda3forums.com under the same name.

Dam it!

Comment

Originally posted by ViViper1 View Post
                    Theres also gaps on the sides of the kid, so at night you can see the backlight through the sides at the top.
                    If you topped off those bottom tabs with epoxy (or whatever you used to mold the bezel) at an angle like the stock radio tabs are it would do the same thing as my mod did...

Originally posted by ViViper1 View Post
                    I was hoping I would get the Temp to show through the OBDII port but it doesn't, but I plan on getting the fusionbrain with the temp sensors to fix that anyway.
                    I wonder if you could hook up the temp dial to one of the digital inputs on the fusionbrain and display the selected temp that way? You would have to sync it some how but it's just an idea.
                    You would think you should be able to get the HVAC settings from OBDII, you just have to know the code to request?.?...

my pc is currently out of the car, waiting for a new screen and dual din chassis that I'm designing (manufacturing a prototype now).
                    I have some pics of the speed3 but they are from my phone camera when I bought it, the quality kinda sucks!
                    I'll have to take some new ones.
                    Sailin
                    Fabrication....[----x-----] 50%

Comment

I'll take a look into the mod you made again. My radio /model version doesn't display Hvac info on the LCD. It did display the outside temp, and the Fuel computer, clock, and, radio info. I miss the fuel and outside temp. haven't found the fuel codes for the mazda 3 from the ODBII.

Dam it!

Comment

Questions sorry I'm a noob

What is the second power supply for?
                        What sound card did you use?
                        I am thinking of doing a similar setup how did you power all that stuff and do you have a wiring diagram for the power?
                        Are there ever meet ups in Massachusetts because I want to see some installs before I start to work on mine?

Comment

Originally posted by Ethan537 View Post
                          What is the second power supply for?
                          What sound card did you use?
                          I am thinking of doing a similar setup how did you power all that stuff and do you have a wiring diagram for the power?
                          Are there ever meet ups in Massachusetts because I want to see some installs before I start to work on mine?
                          The 1900 powers my pc, my xm receiver, and my usb hub in the back.
                          The 1290 powers my monitor in the front and a usb hub.
                          I used a old usb sound blaster.
                          I'm still working on the wiring diagram for the power. I had an old one for my old system but I redid the whole thing to make it look neater.

As for meets we are planning one here.
                          http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/mp3c...land-meet.html

Subscribe to taht post for more info.

Dam it!

Comment

Beautiful install man!
                            My Car: 2001 Mazda MP3
                            My OLD Carputer project: Here
                            Completion Progress Bar: [**********100%]
                            Current build! Here
                            Completion Progress Bar: [*********99%]

Comment

thanks wait till i change the wood to aluminum =oD

Dam it!

Comment

Working...
                              X