92 eagle talon TSI AWD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 92 eagle talon TSI AWD

Here is the start of my project while I am on leave from Iraq. I will be running:
    motorized touch screen
    1.5 GZ min epia board
    1 gig of pc 5300 ram
    m1 ATX PS
    and one of those little cool mini keyboards
    120 GB laptop HD

Front end will be MI (thanks for all the help RED)
    IG4 GPS
    60 gigs of music
    Custom car tuning software (dsmap)
    And lots more goddies to come.

Teaser PICS:
    Attached Files

Well I got it pretty much done. At least working pretty well. I have some cleaning up to do that will have to wait untill I get back for good. Everything went togeather well except for the touchscreen. I had to drill new holes in the mounting brackets to move it foward to clear the dash. It works very well now. The little PS3 keyboard and the hotkeys program work perfect for my palm emulator and loggins software. Enjoy the pics. I threw a few in of the motor and a cockpit view shot. Sorry I dont have any pics with the bumper cover on right now.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by selmerguy View Post
      . . . and one of those little cool mini keyboards . . .
      What make is that mini keyboard?

And how long is your leave?
      If just enough is really good, then too much ought to be perfect.

2006 Scion xB with in-dash Atom & Lilliput 889GL -- Worklog at http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/work...res-links.html

Comment

It is a keyboard from mad catz for a ps3. It runs via usb and kicks ***. My leave was 18 days.

Comment

What's your MOS?

I did BCT and Engineer AIT at FLW, but that was a long, long time ago. I think the thing I remember most was that we'd march uphill the whole morning, take the same road back in the afternoon, and it would be uphill all the way back, too. We decided they had an Army base there because nobody else wanted the place. I was glad to escape it.

I got one of the tiny keyboards -- similar to yours -- from MP3Car.com. I like it, but it doesn't have the function keys I need for troubleshooting, so I can't Ctrl-Alt-Del or hit F8. That means I need some sort of regular keyboard stashed somewhere.

2006 Scion xB with in-dash Atom & Lilliput 889GL -- Worklog at http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/work...res-links.html

Comment

I am a 42R. Army musician. I spent 2 years at Ft lost in the woods and hated most of it.

Comment

I see your location changed from FLW to Killeen. You must have a new place to call home while you're back in the deserts.

Best wishes for a safe tour.

Comment

4G63T FTW!!! Looks like you've done a bit, must be a little pocket rocket.

I've got the same screen in my '92 mitsu evo. Except I accidently broke a couple teeth on the gears that flip it up so I pulled it to bits, removed the circuit boards and the screen and mounted it in the double din space instead. After having both, I think its better using the double din to mount a screen rather than the motorized flip out, its just easier to use. But its all personal preference, yours looks cool anyway.

Comment

Yeah it moves pretty good. This is my second carpc. I built one in my 97 eclipse. It was a molded 8in touch screen. I liked it. The flip out works real well after I modified the radio braqckets. Movint the radio 1 inch forward really helps. I really like the moterized screen too. Kinda different in a car this old.

Comment

Looks great!

Any pictures of the 97 install? I'm working on my 95 Talon TSI AWD and am still looking for new ways of doing it along the way.
                    1995 AWD Tsi Talon

Intel D945GCLF
                    M2-ATX
                    2GB Corsair
                    30GB OCZ SSD
                    BU-353
                    Lilliput EBY-701
                    Logitech DiNovo Mini
                    LSX VOID 3.3

Comment

one sexy tsi!!

quick question how good does your car hold when you use the spray? i wanna put a small 2.5lb bottle in my tsi but i dont wanna risk it

Comment

Are you asking about tracion or the motor? I run 25 psi with a 50 trim(soon to be a holset h1E) and spray a 55 shot. I am AWD so traction is not really an issue(with good tires) the motor seems to take it ok. I am still on a stock block and have been for a few years. It is all in the tune. I have a great tuning system and have taken the time to get it close to right. I am sure the 16 year old motor will blow up sooner or later. I will just have to put my other block in it.

Comment

not the tracion... mixing a turbo and some spray.... I have a 95 tsi and swapping a t3 in it and want to do some spray but everyone keeps telling me naw... Ik the pistions hold up to what 500hp? ik there forged

Comment

Again it is all in the tune. The stock pistons are cast. They do take insane amounts of abuse for stockers. Many people run 400 hp for years on them. I have seen up to 6** awhp on a stockblock. It lasted about 6 months before a rod bent from to much power. A forged bottom end will help you out if you are scared. How much boost do you plan on running? I assume when you say a t3 you mean a hybrid t3/t4. Somewhere around a 50 trim.....

Comment

Working...
                            X