98 Honda Prelude - OEM look

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 98 Honda Prelude - OEM look

Hi all. I've been working on this for quite some time and have finally been able to finish it up. Wow, what a difference an amp makes. Still working out a few bugs but all in all it's all set. Pretty much everything I could put in it: GPS, Griffin Powermate for volume and mute, Sony Xplod amp and speakers, HD Radio, bluetooth, hands free for the phone, 802.11, diNovo Mini, blah, blah. Just wanted to put up some pics and say thanks to all that have posted their little tricks and stuff about products to use and ideas. Any questions on anything just let me know. E.M.

I was trying to make it look as stock as possible.

Start of the skin I'm going to be using, takes a lot of hints from the stock stereo I just took out. I haven't made my decision on the front end yet.

very nice work. Looks like it was meant to be there.
    Never let the truth get in the way of a good story

Comment

looks as stock as it can be!
      00 Saturn SL2, boosted @ 8 psi - CarDomain
      Newest install - my quickest ever
      My 2nd carputer - b4 I broke the touchscreen
      My very first carputer - voted the most ghetto

Comment

Very nice man. Just out of curiosity, what did it look like before?

Comment

Not much different. I integrated the Powermate into the ashtray and grafted the faceplate of the Dynamix screen to the bezel. (Not my picture but mine looked the same before I started)

Comment

Looks clean -- Whats your backend look like? I mounted a MicroATX setup and amp in my trunk on the floorboard. Its kind of annoying as I lose even more of the minimal trunk space available to us =)

Keep up the clean work... If you produce that skin for CF drop me a line... Looks nice.
            Jim
            2012 Honda Pilot (In Progress)
            2010 Honda Accord (After the Pilot)
            2008 Honda VTX1800N

Comment

Ah, forgot all that stuff in the trunk. Jim, there is actually a good size area on the passenger side just forward of the tail lights. It's more than big enough for a pc it's just not practical if you have to take it out. I put everything on the back of the rear seat just for the fact that I can take it all out very quickly if I need to work on it or if just need to pop the case I can lean the seat forward and I have convenient access. I rarely ever use the trunk let alone have the back seat folded down.

Comment

Found one more picture I forgot about.

Comment

Good deal. I was going to do that route with mounting onto the back of the seat. I finished my deal about 2 years ago now and kinda just left it as is. I was going to make a fake wall between the seat and trunk to enclose the amp & case... Never got around to it =P

The pray-lewd just rolled 140,000... 110,000 miles in 3 years so I will prolly hold off to doing anything else. I replaced the exhaust, suspension, and put HID's into the headlights over the past few years on her... Tanabe SHM exhaust, Tanabe springs on KYB agx's for the suspension. Basically each component needed to replace so I just changed to aftermarket =)

Oh well. 5G power.
                  Jim
                  2012 Honda Pilot (In Progress)
                  2010 Honda Accord (After the Pilot)
                  2008 Honda VTX1800N

Comment

Very nice work...this is the kind of finished product that I would like to aim for, Thanks for sharing!
                    Owner of three automotive franchises, specializing in electronics.

Comment

A little update on the skin. Main screen done and working inside CF 2.0. That Visual Designer Zoro made is pretty slick. Made the job really easy.

Comment

could you show a pic of how the back of the screen looks before going in the dash

Comment

Is this what you mean?

Comment

no i am referring to mounting the screen on the back of the bezel. I would like to see how you did it.

Comment

Nicely done. I am about to start this project soon. I am about to install a normal car audio system into my lude but I am actually going to wait so I can install a carputer at the same time. I've done some mechanical work but not any electrical for my car so I think this might take a little time. I have built plenty of computers in my day so hopefully I will be able to take on the task. I was just wondering if you have any tips for a fellow luder.

Comment

Working...
                              X