X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007 Saturn Aura...Before and After pics only

here it is...

CarPC:
    Jetway MB w/1.5GHz C7 CPU, 512MB RAM, 120GB SATA, M2-ATX, BT, WiFi, OBD II, Mobile Impact, and RR

Sound:
    JVC KD-BT1, Crunch 1500 Watt mono, Power Acoustic Fubar 12" DVC, factory speakers for now...

Looks way better then the original thing that was there. Maybe you should paint the Bezel of the EBY701 to match the darker grey trim on the A/C controls.
    Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
    4X MK808b
    3x Perixx Touchpads
    3x 7 inch Screens
    1X 7 inch motorized Screen
    1x Win 7 PC

Comment

do both work or you just threw the old cd player down therE?
      Discount Electronics - Consumer Electronics

Comment

Originally posted by sneakfreak864 View Post
        do both work or you just threw the old cd player down therE?
        yes, both work. i just did a "faceplate relocation." A few other guys on here have done it, which is where i got the idea. the place i have the faceplate now is just temporary until i fabricate something for the vents.

BTW i used 2 CAT-5 cables cut in half, with the ends soldered to each unit, then coupled together.
        CarPC:
        Jetway MB w/1.5GHz C7 CPU, 512MB RAM, 120GB SATA, M2-ATX, BT, WiFi, OBD II, Mobile Impact, and RR

Sound:
        JVC KD-BT1, Crunch 1500 Watt mono, Power Acoustic Fubar 12" DVC, factory speakers for now...

Comment

Update...

Well, here's an update on the project. I know it's been a year, but i've been real busy. That is, until i was laid off a month ago. Anywho, I've finished this dome just in time for the meet. The faceplate is wired to the head unit with 2 CAT-5 cables. The head unit is mounted vertically behind the monitor. The button and indicator were relocated from the original vent/enclosure. I've also integrated sirius into centrafuse, finally.

CarPC:

Sound:

Comment

Thats actually a cool idea...... maybe because I am not into round shaps on an interior, but I hate the top of it. I think it would look better square, or not so big of round at the top.
            Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
            4X MK808b
            3x Perixx Touchpads
            3x 7 inch Screens
            1X 7 inch motorized Screen
            1x Win 7 PC

Comment

I know. It's my first fiberglass fab, and it kinda just came out like that. I was trying to match the dome for the OEM gauge cluster. Anyway, I'm currently trying to source an emblem or something for that space at the top.
              CarPC:

Sound:

Comment

Nice install! I have a Chevy Malibu -- it's very similar to your Aura. Where did you place the PC? If you could post a pic it would really help me out...

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Thanks.

The PC isn't really picture worthy just yet. It's in the trunk, near the seats, velcroed to the floor. However, i will soon be mounting it on the bottom of the back dash, between the 2 speakers. I will post pictures of that when i'm done with it.
                  CarPC:

Sound:

Comment

i saw this today!
                    lol
                    great job!
                    trinybwoy

2006 Mazda6 Carpc

2008 Acura TSX Nexus 7

Comment

Originally posted by trinybwoy View Post
                      i saw this today!
                      lol
                      great job!
                      Thanks. It was nice meeting you guys today. I had a great time!!
                      CarPC:

Sound:

Comment

Working...
                      X