2005 Toyota Camry installation a work in progress

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005 Toyota Camry installation a work in progress

I finally installed a Eby-701 in my 2005 camry utilizing a bybyte frame .. It some customizing but it did the job. I had to drill several holes in the frame, and in ht car stereo mounting kit. I would like to fabricate some sort of bezel.
    Right now I am using a docked laptop and moved my HU to the center console. I would eventually like to build a PC utilizing a Mini or Nano ITX case. But this laptop/dock has everything I need except DC power. It has Bluetooth 7 USB, Wifi (although the signal sucks under my seat), and portability of course. The down side is having to use a inverter and using ac power for the dock and the LCD. That will be the next phase when I convert the LCD to DC power instead of pluged into the inverter

I will attempt to post pics
    "Camputer - 2005 Toyota Camry LE"

Here is some help.

Comment

Nice!
      I think you could do a better job making it a bit more OEM. I see some smoothen plastic areas that could probably look better. Imo you need to fix your bezel.
      My Car PC project
      Current status: Fabricating screen

Comment

nice. I'm still trying to START on my project. Its been like 2 years. I have most the parts just need some planning. And...I'm in school so I have limited time.

Comment

I changed the bezel

I think it look a little more OEM now

what do you think?
          Attached Files

Comment

That looks incredible!
            2001 Mustang Convertible Worklog
            Indigo Custom Frontend (Flash/Delphi)
            Blog

Qube v1.3 Now Available at the mp3Car Store!!!!!!
            The simplest IO controller you'll ever use!

Comment

Brezel looks factory! How do you fabricate your Brezel?
              Let me share what I have done morning in my Camry.
              I installed the Carnetix P1900 and Acer One Netbook inside the glove campartment.
              GPS is attached above the rear view mirror with double side tape.
              When the ignition is off, netbook goes into Standby mode, and it resumes from where it left last time when you turn on the ignition. It take no time to boot up. Cartnetix DC-DC does very good job in this case. It has a standby feature that still supply couple hundrey milliam amp of 19volt into the netbook to keep it up running in stanby mode whe the ignition is off. Of course, if the shut down sequence it mess up, netbook draw more power than expected, CarNetix will cut off the power, to prevent further battery drain. My Brezel doesn't good as your. Wish I can one of your
              2006 Camry
              Compaq Laptop
              Holux GPS Iguidance 3.0
              7" Xenarc Touch Screen
              Carnetix 1900 Power Supplied, Wireless b/g

Comment

You did a superb job on your bezel. I would also like to know what you ended up using. Plastic soldering, bondo, jb weld?

Sidenote:Whoo this post made me a bitrate for some reason!
                -SwiftDeath

Comment

I just realized, this is part of the Camry Double Din Kit. You can purchase it from Ebay
                  2006 Camry
                  Compaq Laptop
                  Holux GPS Iguidance 3.0
                  7" Xenarc Touch Screen
                  Carnetix 1900 Power Supplied, Wireless b/g

Comment

that is amazing!

nice

=)
                    Carpc plan=========90% -Never going to be finished!
                    Carpc parts==5% -Computer died
                    Carpc install==5% -Need to install computer
                    Carpc worklog-0% -Need to start that soon

Comment

that bezel came from bybyte

Thanks it still need some work though, I installed the carnetix as well and sometimes it doesn't always put the mac mini into standby. The bezel was $21.00 at http://www.bybyte.com/images/95-8203.jpg. but I think its from the metra kit which I found afterwards for $9.99 at https://www.audiosavings.com/product...cc.r42b31.aspx

Comment

nice to see another camry owner in the forums bezel looks lovely good job i'm planning on doing mine but my project has been postponed till next year do to finances

Comment

skin

hey
                          I really like the skin and the functions of the screen can you give me an idea how can I design one for my carputer or are they ready and just buy them .
                          thanx

Comment

Working...
                          X