Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 01 F150 Pharaoh's Treasure

Hey everyone...
    I have been lurking in this forum for a while now, and decided to post some pics of my baby.

She is a 01 F150 that has had a few customizations done to it.
    Let me know what you think.

Please tell me you got rid of that XM commander. lol

Looks great! What's the trophy for and do you have completed pics?
    My opinion is my own.

Comment

Funny...

I still use the Commander... I know I need to get rid of it.
      I need to just buy the adapter and call it a day. I might just do that today..
      That thing you see is not a trophy. Its a statue, one of my many display pieces. But I did win a trophy that day, best Truck. 1st place.
      And those are the completed pics.
      I looked at your setup...
      Very nice.
      Where is Smithville?
      I used to live in Killeen.

Comment

Hey

Double post...

Sorry

Comment

Originally posted by russoxley187 View Post
          Funny...

I still use the Commander... I know I need to get rid of it.
          I need to just buy the adapter and call it a day. I might just do that today..
          That thing you see is not a trophy. Its a statue, one of my many display pieces. But I did win a trophy that day, best Truck. 1st place.
          And those are the completed pics.
          I looked at your setup...
          Very nice.
          Where is Smithville?
          I used to live in Killeen.
          The one monitor hanging down with the wires. Whats that for (that's what I thought wasn't completed). Maybe I can't tell what everything is there.

I ran the commander for years, but I can't see having that beautiful HUGE monitor right there, and then grey and black readout below it.

Ft. Hood, right? Anytime someone says they "Used to live in Kileen", 9 times out of 10 it means stationed there. I spent many a day and night out there. Was Texas National Guard as a tank commander for a few years before transferring to California, then getting disabled in 88 after an accident shattered one of my elbows.

I don't live IN Smithville. We got this great place located smack dab between 2 state pine forests. Love it there!
          My opinion is my own.

Comment

Well, that monitor is mounted on the back window just for car shows.
            and then grey and black readout below it ?
            what do you mean?
            That screen shows the same thing on all my monitors.
            My father was stationed at Ft Hood. I joined the Marines...

Comment

Well, that monitor is mounted on the back window just for car shows.
              and then grey and black readout below it ?
              what do you mean?
              That screen shows the same thing on all my monitors.
              My father was stationed at Ft Hood. I joined the Marines...
              XM Commander.......black and grey display. Need those XM stations in brilliant color!
              My opinion is my own.

Comment

oh ok...
                Duh. Got cha...
                I'll order it today. It's like $50 or something right?

Comment

Ah, on the monitor! That makes sense. Couldn't see all that fabulous fabrication you did and then have wires hanging. That's something "I" would do!

You have a touchpad built into your console???? I didn't see that before! What else is there? Do you have a closeup picture of that area? Did you rip a laptop apart or is that like a usb thing? I like the matching keyboard. lol
                  My opinion is my own.

Comment

Something like that on the XM. Good part is it fits right into that commander. I finally had to get a new one though. I tore my internal antennae connection. Also, if I remember right, since the commander uses a powered reciever (hidden), you don't have to hook power to the usb adapter. and you also won't get a ground loop like I got on the replacement.

Advice: Keep your commander head unit. It's great for troubleshooting while you get everything hooked up!
                    My opinion is my own.

Comment

will do, thanks for the help...

Comment

Did you see my questions on the touchpad? What is that next to it?

BTW, don't take anything I said as a negative on the install. I can only dream of someday making an install look that good. Just that the XM commander kinda stood out around all that fantastic equipment.
                        My opinion is my own.

Comment

thats a 2.5 inch screen wired to my back up camera mounted in the trailor hitch.
                          I have a cheap trailor hitch that I cut a hole in to and threw in the camera.

Comment

thats a 2.5 inch screen wired to my back up camera mounted in the trailor hitch.
                            I have a cheap trailor hitch that I cut a hole in to and threw in the camera.
                            I can see why you won. That is a seriously impressive setup. Should put a second camera in the license frame that looks down on the hitch. You would be the only one in town that could hook up a trailer, by yourself, while backing at 20mph.
                            My opinion is my own.

Comment

now that would be impressive. you are right, but I never use the truck to tow anything.
                              Dont drive it that often.
                              TRying to keep the miles down. has almost 160000 and still drives like a charm

Comment

Working...
                              X